wish: Back out of "connect to device"

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sometimes in Designer I'll click on Connect To Device and get to the point where it asks which device/emulator I want to connect to and realize that I don't want to connect after all; e.g.: if I have the wrong Variant selected for the emulator I was going to. It would be nice to be able to Cancel at that point.

The same thing probably applies when compiling.

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm bumping this wish for a cancel button for compiling or connecting to a device/emulator because I still wish it, but more for when compiling. About a dozen times a day I'll hit F5 to compile to a device and instantly remember that I forgot to do something first. (Hey, I'm old!!) Then I get to sit there waiting for it to complete compiling so that I can quit, make the change, and start again. Life's too short for this!:eek:

francoisg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I please second that - background compiling works but some of us works on MS Visual studio while working with B4A while working with ... (F5 compiles with almost everything these days) - I think the standard is to have a cancel button available ... it would just make life a bit easier ...

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that Alt-4 is a reasonable solution, since I can immediately start making changes and then cancel the install (when using Bridge) when it is through compiling. I had never tried background compiling before because I couldn't see a need for it before now. I just have to get used to hitting Alt-4 instead of the F5 (after 25 years of hitting F5).