Wish: Better Background Compile Status

Highwinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
When using the ALT-3 background compile option, it would be really nice if the IDE could provide a better status report of what's actually going on than just "Compiling program" down in the lower left corner.

COBRASoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
^^ I agree, as said in another thread, it would be nice to have an error window at the bottom, just like Visual Studio. An output window could be used to show what the compiler's doing...

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about maybe combining the play buttons' popup window and the background compiling into one and having a hideable panel at bottom of screen that can be out of way during coding and expands to show errors, etc.

Just throwing ideas into the pot ;)

Personally I think I'd prefer Erel to concentrate on new features rather than redesigning existing. But if he has some spare time (some how) and is twiddling his thumbs, you never know.

COBRASoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice idea...

About new features, which ones did you have in mind? Is there somewhere a thread or poll? It would probably be nice for Erel to have 1 place to look at what his customers want. I'm sure there are a lot of requests around in the forum and mails, but not centralized. Also for us it would be nice what to see what's requested the most.