Android Question working w dates

Stichler

Licensed User
Hello,
My wife needs an app that allows her to select a date from a drop down calendar and then save that date. I'm not looking for a coding handout just for someone to point me in the right direction as to where to start to learn so I can make it happen.

Thanks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What exactly is the question?
point me in the right direction
What do you need help with? Using the forumsearch to find any calendar?
Need help with "working with dates"? Check Dateutils and especially the Period-Methods. DateUtils.AddPeriod(...), DateUtils.PeriodBetween(...) just to name two

Upvote 0

Stichler

Licensed User
I did search the forums but I wasn't able to find what I needed. Essentially I guess I need to start w the basics on working with dates. I'd like to be able to have a calendar where she can simply scroll through and select which date she needs, sort of like you would see in an appointment organizer app, but I really do need to brush up on the basics of working w dates and all the formatting options.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would not start with examples from 2011! I would start with using the newest libraries.

Example:

See 2nd result from the search i posted for ex. The Couple Calendarvview...

Away from that; if a Library is deprecated (should no longer be used) and this is known then usually it is already moved to the Library archive. Libraries in the archive would not be found by the forum search.

Look here:

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I had a look at your request:
My wife needs an app that allows her to select a date from a drop down calendar and then save that date.
But, for me there is not enough information.
What exactly is the goal?
Have a list with already predefined dates or just a calender.
If it's a calender, there are quite some different existing calender types in the forum.
Then, what do you want to do with date? Just save it some where, but what for?
From my experience, I don't like to just answer questions without knowing the whole 'problem' or subject, because in most cases, the answer to the question doesn't solve the real problem.
So, before giving any concrete answer or advice, I would like know a bit more on what you want to do.

Upvote 0

Stichler

Licensed User
Well, I had a look at your request:

But, for me there is not enough information.
What exactly is the goal?
Have a list with already predefined dates or just a calender.
If it's a calender, there are quite some different existing calender types in the forum.
Then, what do you want to do with date? Just save it some where, but what for?
From my experience, I don't like to just answer questions without knowing the whole 'problem' or subject, because in most cases, the answer to the question doesn't solve the real problem.
So, before giving any concrete answer or advice, I would like know a bit more on what you want to do.

Basically it's a small bill tracking app. The date would be used to select a new due date to enter for the next date bill is due

Upvote 0

Stichler

Licensed User
Can't thank you all enough. One thing I will say about B4A is the community is extremely active and friendly. I've never had any questions go unanswered

Upvote 0