Android Question Wrapped Library Inheritance

jotaele

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi:

@DonManfred wrapped a library to use emojicons in a EditText.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/msemoji-v1-0-0.53787/#content

I go to the github project of the original library and I saw than EmojiEditText inherids the object EditText, but in the wrapped library, the methods of the original library are missing.

B4X:
public class EmojiEditText extends EditText {
   private static final String TAG = EmojiEditText.class.getName();
   private static final String START_CHAR = "[";

I was reading in another forum, that "he" must add EditText source code for support this methods (and wrap the needed, I supose), but I never wrap a library (but I try a lot of times to do it).

Can anyone tell how we can access to the methods of the EditText object.

I wan't disturb @DonManfred, but its a good info because he is wrapping a lots of libs.

Thanks a lot.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

jotaele

Licensed User
Longtime User
will check them and add, Just wanted to know if the changes so far are working for you. That´s why i did not add them actually

All is working perfect for the moment. ;)

I am trying to solve the "delete" function, but I need the TextChanged Event to compare the strings.

I tried to capture the softkeyboard keys, but I didn't get any info about in the forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jotaele

Licensed User
Longtime User
will check them and add, Just wanted to know if the changes so far are working for you. That´s why i did not add them actually

I did the keyboard, but it's very slow when I load the icons, put in the grid, and put the transparent buttons over the icons.

Maybe, if the EmojiTextView OnClick Event works, the load will be less.

I wait for you to release it.

--EDIT--

It's problem that load a lot of images. Sorry.

--END EDIT--

Thanks for your efforts

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jotaele

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi another time.

Are you added more properties to EmojiTextView, like Gravity, ...? Are you thinking in release more versions with the standard methods of the standard EditText, Events, or this is the final version?

Last edited:
Upvote 0