Android Question Writting in external SDcard

Javier Mateo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a little bit bloked because I have problems when I try to copy a file (write a file) in the external Sdcard.
I have always writen in external Sdcard in rooted devices, but now I have some devices that I can not make the root.
I make the permissions modifications in the manifiest file, but I can't copy the a backup files.
I always receive denied access messages.
Do you think that I have to ask the permission in run time?
The versión of Android is 5.1.

Could you help me about This problem?

Thanks.

Javier Mateo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. But I don't know how solve my problem.

This is very useful when I need to use for restore my database but I need copy my database from File.DirInternal or File.DirRootExternal to SDCard/Backup (or SDCard/Safety) and I don’t know how get the path where I want to make the backup of my database, and alwais received the same error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /storage/36BB-67FD/myCarpeta/Progescom_T4.db3 (Permission denied)

This is the state of the art

Thanks a million

Upvote 0

Javier Mateo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel.

I know, but in the example I read from the SDCard and write to the Files.DirInternal and I want to do the contrary, read from Files.DirInternal and write in a forlder of SDCard and I don't know how can I do.

PD I have run the example, and I use some parts of this code.

Upvote 0

Javier Mateo

Licensed User
Longtime User
"You should use CreateNewFile and then OpenOutputStream. You can then copy a file with File.Copy2."

I understand how can I do the copy, and understand how works 'File.Copy2' instruction. My problem is that I don't know how get the correct path in sdcard.

How can get (reach) the path in the SDCard?

Thanks a million Erel.

Upvote 0