iOS Question Wrong Certificate?

BjoernB

Licensed User
Hello Everyone,

i hope someone here can help me ...
i created a certificate, provisioning file etc. just like Erel explained here:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/creating-a-certificate-and-provisioning-profile.45880/

i watched the video a few times, checking my work step by step, but still it won't work

i created a B2B app, uploaded it and Apple accepted it and added it to their VolumePurchaseProgram.
trying to download and install it cursed an error, apple just kept refusing to install.
asking around, i found out there's a mistake with our Certificate. Using a correct one makes the App run perfectly, but i still don't get where the problem is.
like i said, i used exactly the certificate Erel explains in his Tutorial, "App Store and Ad Hoc".(with App specific names, not "Default")

i hope anyone has an idea how to fix this?
sorry for the bad english, i'm not a native speaker.

Thanks for your effort
Bjoern

BjoernB

Licensed User
we uploaded it to iTunes Connect and to the apple VPP (volume Purchase Program). as a business to business app, apple refuse to load it to the appstore.

we did use the bridge for our testing, and it worked well, so we wanted to upload the app, so our customer can download it. he doesn't have a b4i compiler, a bridge or anything like that, he just has an apple and wants to install our app on it.

Upvote 0

BjoernB

Licensed User
we tried using that tool, it failed to install the app.

someone gave the app another certificate and now the program runs, but we don't know why. he said it was the certificate, but we don't have an idea what went wrong with ours. it's an app strore and ad hoc certificate, used in an ad hoc provisioning profile.

the cerfiticate problem is the reason i made this thread

Upvote 0

BjoernB

Licensed User
i fixed it myself.
the certificate and the provisioning file had to be "development", not "distribution". now we can install the App (.ipa from release build) from a MDM-Server

Edit:
i thought i fixed it, but i was wrong. actually, it seems you can only install "Ad Hoc" certificated Apps on devices which are listed in your provisioning profile.
after that i installed the app (.ipa from release version) through a MDM-Server
(i used relution, but maybe if anyone else has this issue, i guess you can use any MDM you want)

i added the device udid and now the app runs on the device i wanted it on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0