Bug? Wrong Y position in Designer

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, i just accounter a wrong y position in the designer (B4i v6.30)

i will attach 2 screenshots the show the issue.

i use a standart variant (320x568) and i create a label.
if the label is in the top area it is on position 0.

sc1.png

but if i move the label to the bottom of the variant marked area it is on position 548 instead of 568.
(it looks like the variant that is created is not draw correctly, it misses about 20 pixels)

sc2.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i understand that the real screen size can be different than the size of the designer variant. but i do expect that the variant size that i choose is the same size of the dark grey area that is drawn in the designer. at least i never accounter a difference between the grey area and the variant until now. if i choose a variant of 400 height and add a panel with the height of 400 they should be the same size, right? if they are not then the whole design of the page will be different then planned.
according to anchors, i dont like to work with anchors i dont get always the result i want to get with anchors.

anyway if you say its not a bug then its ok.

thanx, ilan

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
if i choose a variant of 400 height and add a panel with the height of 400 they should be the same size, right?
Not really and it is not important anyway.

i dont like to work with anchors i dont get always the result i want to get with anchors.
Anchors work correctly and are quite simple to use. It doesn't mean that all layouts should be based on anchors. Anchors work together with the designer script.