Games X2 Example Pack without a breakout game ???

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that cannot stay like that right? ;)

breakoutXui2d.jpg

EDIT1: creating time about 2-3 hours.

EDIT2: example has been updated (b4a also available now and works really fine)

Attachments

• B4J XUI2D Example 2.zip
    133.6 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ps. have a look at the simple level creating method :p

EDIT: waiting for someone to post android and ios screenshot of it (and reporting performance states. thanx

PS: try this level code:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx11xxxxxxxxxxxx11xx
xx1111111111111111xx
xx1xxxxxxxxxxxxxx1xx
xx1x5xxxxxxxxxx5x1xx
xx1xxxxxx33xxxxxx1xx
xx1xxxxxxxxxxxxxx1xx
xx1111144444411111xx
xx1111111111111111xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xui2dbrakout2.jpg ;)

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm lost (and now I have not so much time)...

From [XUI2D Example pack]:

So, to sure to always... I cliked on that link; in the first post:

View attachment 72014

second post... links to From [XUI2D Example pack]: (see above)!

I cannot jump around the site (at the moment).

are you using b4j beta #2 ???

EDIT: anyway i do agree with you that there is a big confusion about this lib. i had a lot difficulties at the beginning to run examples. erel is updating it very fast and you start getting errors if you have not updated everyting to the latest version.

i really would like to have a sticky thread with all stuff that is needed to run those examples in the gamedev section so you can find everything you need in 1 post. including the objecttype.json, xui2d lib, bitmapcreator lib, and what else is needed. thanx

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Increase the ball speed and draw something on top (the ball bounces without reaching the upper edge of the window)

it is because the tilemap in tiled is smaller then the screensize in your b4j project.
change the screen size to 600*450 (scale 1.33333) and you should get a nicer look.

you can also uncomment X2.EnableDebugDraw and you will see the wall objects.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
actually have some apple or orange juice

i like both but i think coffee will do a better job :p

So, whats your personally conclusion about XUI2D compared to libGDX @ilan?

ok so i will try to write what my opinion is if we compare libgdx and xui2d.

first i want to say that libgdx is a very very complex library. there are an enormous amount of possibilities in libgdx. it has so many inside libs like math calculations and a lot of other stuff. you will not use most of them but you have the possibility. anyway, libgdx is very very powerful, fast and complex. it is a greate rendering framework and you can create really nice games with it. it is important to understand that box2d and libgdx are 2 different libraries. libgdx is a rendering library that draws all your sprites on the screen. box2d is a calculating library that calculates the physics and you can create bodies with it in a box2d world and use libgdx to draw your sprites to the bodies. there are also a lot of other drawing possibilities like particle effects, specialFX effects and much much more.

now xui2d, xui2d is a very nice library that takes the rendering part and the physic part and mix them together to make the life of the game maker simpler. you can create really nice stuff and very fast with it. you can combine simple views in your project and use them (in libgdx it is not that simple and also very NOT recommended!!)
it makes it very simpler to use xui2d and until now i had no performance issues with it. i have not created any real game with it but it is a very great and interesting tool that should be considered when creating games especially because you can share the same code with all 3 b4x platforms.

in my opinion, i like most working with iSpritekit. because iSpritekit is a very strong game engine and very simple to use. you don't need to worry about rendering stuff you just create sknodes and that simple object can do so many stuff. it also includes everything in it like a body (or multiple bodies), a texture, you can add actions to it. and once you apply any force to his body or rotate it the sprite is moving with it together. if i make games my first choice is iSpritekit. once you understand how it is working you will wish you have the same tool for b4a.

anyway, xui2d is very good. you get very good results with it and it is very simple to use. and i am sure erel will add more stuff to it so it will be much more powerful. i still need to understand a lot of stuff in it but i do like it a lot and recommend using it if you want to make a cross-platform game.

EDIT: i have forgotten to mention that from what i see xui2d physics are very similar to libgdx + box2d. so the box2d stuff is the same. in spritekit it is also the same so once you learn how to work with box2d it will be very simple for you to work with all 3 game engines.

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok so i will try to write what my opinion is if we compare libgdx and xui2d.
So far so good then, you've learned a lot in such a short amount of time @ilan, congratulations. So it sound like developers will now have two really good game libraries to choose from, and to top it off you like them both. But as you said, with XUI2D you can easier cater for 3 B4X products, well in reality I would say 2, B4A and B4i for their respective app stores.

Since Erel introduced XUI into the B4X family of tools, B4X had just gotten better and better.

Thank you for your feedback, it's really appreciated @ilan...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User