Java Question Xtify SDK Library Is Working !!

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

I know a few people were looking for a library to wrap around the Xtify Push SDK. I have been working on this and at last have it 98% complete, including the built in custom preferences activity :eek:

I have got it working with both the built in notification window and also the custom notification which raises an event in B4A passing the message title and body values, so you can do what you want with them !!

I will publish the files here as soon as they are complete and tidied up, probably Sat GMT

I must say a big thank you to agraham for his help and patience..

Neil

ps. I have also got the new Google Cloud 2 Device push service working, but boy is it a b*tch to work with :sign0137:

Last edited:

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great work man! Gratz!

Can't wait to test it out!

XverhelstX

I'm running it overnight here and then I'll post tomorrow.

I don't think it wil lsuit what I need push for, I'm going to use google cloud, but it has some nice features.

just sent a message with the app closed and it queues the message until the app is re-opened, sweet !

Last edited:

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the delay in releasing this, there were a couple of issue to sort out. Just testing it now.

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe that no library is required for Google C2DM push service. I plan to write a tutorial about this service.

I've already played with it and it works...

I have written a library and got it working using Google code on the web, but would be interested in seeing your tutorial..

Once it is setup it works well, but a bit of a pain having to store the Device ID's on the the server.

ps. On my Desire, Skype kills the listener !!

Last edited:

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm actually building a small framework as Google push notification requires more than a client application. The client application is the simplest component.

That sound great, although a little late for me :(

I already have a vb.net server up and running using the .net google client library. The push is almost instantaneous and battery life on the handset is hardly affected, so I am pleased with the result.

All I pass to the clients is a string u::xxx:yyy:zzz. This is then split on the handset and the xxx, yyy, zzz decide what action for the handset to take.

As I mentioned in my other post, the only problem I am getting is when I Start Skype, it kills the listener immediately, if you have any thoughts on this I am all ears !!