iOS Question XUI Views causing compiler error

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by CaptKronos, Mar 29, 2019.

1. CaptKronos

CaptKronos Active Member Licensed User

I have a rather complex project which currently doesn't use XUI Views. I now want to use this library but on just adding XUI Views to the project (i.e. just selecting it in the Library Manager) and then compiling, I get the following compiler error.

Code:
    CompileC /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/b4i_b4xlisttemplate.o /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/b4i_b4xlisttemplate.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler (in target: B4iProject)
        cd /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user 
    id>
        export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
        /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch x86_64 -fmessage-length=
    0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -gmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -fbuild-session-file=/var/folders/0h/bgjhf82s4dq6fj8sj13288_r0000gn/C/org.llvm.clang/ModuleCache.noindex/Session.modulevalidation -fmodules-validate-once-per-build-session -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Wno-objc-interface-ivars -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wuninitialized -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wno-float-conversion -Wno-non-literal-null-conversion -Wno-objc-literal-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DB4I_VERSION=11 -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -DOBJC_OLD_DISPATCH_PROTOTYPES=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator12.2.sdk -fasm-blocks -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -mios-simulator-version-min=10.3 -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -Wno-infinite-recursion -Wno-comma -Wno-block-capture-autoreleasing -Wno-strict-prototypes -Wno-semicolon-before-method-body -fobjc-abi-version=2 -fobjc-legacy-dispatch -iquote /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Zoetic-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Zoetic-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Zoetic-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Zoetic-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/include -I/Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources-normal/x86_64 -I/Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/x86_64 -I/Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/b4i_b4xlisttemplate.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/b4i_b4xlisttemplate.dia -c /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/b4i_b4xlisttemplate.m -o /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphonesimulator/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/b4i_b4xlisttemplate.o
    /Users/bob/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user 
    id>/B4iProject/b4i_b4xlisttemplate.m:192:7: error: expected identifier or '('
    _item = [__ref->__customlistview1 _getrawlistitem:_i];
          ^
    1 error generated.
    I have tried creating a simpler project with the same libraries but can't replicate the error in
    b4i_b4xlisttemplate.m.

I realise this isn't much to go on but does anyone have any ideas?

2. CaptKronos

CaptKronos Active Member Licensed User

After ripping my project apart, bit by bit, I have found the problem. In one of my classes I had:
    Code:
    Type item(index As Int, text As String)
    No idea why, but declaring a type called item clashes with XUI Views. Changing the type's names and everything is fine. It is possible to replicate this issue by creating a new project, adding XUI Views and the above type declaration.

I think it would be helpful if the compiler could flag up when a 'reserved' name is used in this way. I'll add the suggestion to Bugs & Wishlist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice