Android Question Your automated publishing to Google Play will stop working

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been running beta testing on an app for a couple of months, without any issues. I don't think anything materially has changed.

Yesterday, this warning message appeared in the Play console

ACTION REQUIRED: Your automated publishing to Google Play will stop working on December 1, 2019
Your app is using an old version of the Google Play Developer API. From December 1 2019, versions 1 and 2 of this API will no longer be available, and any calls to these versions will fail. Update to version 3 before this date

It's not the clearest thing in the world; am I doing automated publishing? I'm uploading a release and clicking a button which doesn't seem very automated to me. Has this only appeared because I've moved from beta to release, because that's the only change.

As far as I can see, everything should be up to date - I've been keeping things up to date with the SDK manager, and building to target api level 28. There's no in app billing, either.

As far as libraries go, the Google-related ones that I'm aware of are AppCompat 4.00, FirebaseNotifications 1.21, FusedLocationProvider 1.31, possibly Geocoder 2.01

So, what needs updating to make this go away?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…