Share My Creation YouTrump - Income Comparator

Hi, B4x Community!

Some friends and I wanted to visualize the income gap between the wealthy people and "us" (a.k.a "the working class"). So I came up with this app, that puts numbers in perspective, and compares your yearly income with one of the wealthiest: "Donald Trump".

Logo_v01_144.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jmon.youtrump&hl=en

I'm open for comments and critics, but please don't turn this thread into a political debate. :)
Please suggest more statistics / facts if you think I missed something.

Thanks
Jo.

Screenshot_20171104-205001.png Screenshot_20171104-205153.png Screenshot_20171104-205505.png

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice concept!
Reminds me of a book I bought many many years ago, The book of comparisons. One thing that struck me and that I still remember is that an ant can carry 5 times its weight. If a human was able to do that we could carry 400-500 kg on our shoulders :)

Last edited:

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice looking app.

Since you asked for comments and criticism, well, here I go:
You'll see how absurd the numbers are, and how broken our society is.
Broken why? because some people are smart, work hard, invest and make money or had parents who took care of their children and left them a fortune?

I'm open for comments and critics, but please don't turn this thread into a political debate.
So, you don't want this to turn into a political debate however, you put Trump as an example, why not mentioning others like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates or any other 1%-ter?

Last edited:

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your interesting comments.

Yes, you're right, wrong choice of words and person if I wanted to avoid a political debate...

I just think it's absurd that someone can accumulate as much wealth as 20 or 50 thousand people, or more. But as you say, I also have to recognize and congratulate the hard work put into it.

I chose to compare the income with 1 single person (or should I add the possibility to select different person?). I thought that comparing with 1 would be enough to put things in perspective. After that, I thought that Donald Trump was probably the most well known of all, that's why I chose him. Even people outside of the US know him.

(Edit) I removed that line from the first post. Thanks NJDude.

Thank you.

Last edited:

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's fine, you can be a little controversial if you like, nothing wrong with that, just choose your words wisely to avoid sounding like a momo. :D

I would say, if you are happy with your app the way it is then keep it that way.

killiak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nicely done, If you create a little tutorial how you manage that Look...I'll pay...let say, 5-7 dollar for it.....

Love the style

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks,

What is the part that you can't do? I can explain what I did:

For the cards, I used the cardview library:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-the-standard-android-cardview.74930/#content

The cards are placed into a vertical scrollview.

For the text, I used the Charsequence / CSBuilder :
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/charsequence-csbuilder-tutorial.76226/

Apart from that, the font I used is FontAwesome. For the style, I prefer no gradients, just flat colors.

Everything is pretty much "out of the box" B4A. The only difficult part was the last card. Because there is a timer on that one, the length of the text changes over time, and so I had to monitor the string length and resize the card vertically if needed.

killiak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok...no 5 dollars to you sir to explain perfectly not put anything hided :D

BTW thanks. i miss the cardview library...Checking it know.

Cool stuff

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@NJDude

No one can object others being smart, work hard and accumulate wealth.. nations grow and develop by the hard work of its sons and daughters.. It's been the smart and intelligent individuals who led evolution at all times.. That said, there are individuals who built their wealth through sweat and tears and production, while others built it through deception, filing multie bankruptcies to deprive real hard workers of their deserved rights and robbing innocent students who trusted their deceptive universities.
That's the difference.