Share My Creation Youtube Downloader (Server + B4A App)

Hi,

this is my latest B4A creation (working on the iOS version right now :) ). The b4a + desktop (any web browser) clients communicate with the server to return any youtube video information and also to download the video. i am not sure if it will be approved for the store but it was for me more a learning project.

after finishing the b4i version i will offer the source for sale (b4a + b4i + web page + server) so if you are interested you may contact me via pm or here.

enjoy!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Be careful messing around with Google. You tube is part of Google.
Meaning: copyright and intellectual property issues.

i would not dare to upload it to google play. it was more a learning project for me although i may put it in the app store (rename to video downloader). but this app can be published in many places besides google play.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i would not dare to upload it to google play.
I agree. The link you posted for the other app does not mention YouTube so maybe this is the reason why it has escaped so far Google!
But as you say, other app stores might be more appropriate.

Anyway, nice app and accompanying web-site. 😀

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree. The link you posted for the other app does not mention YouTube so maybe this is the reason why it has escaped so far Google!
But as you say, other app stores might be more appropriate.

Anyway, nice app and accompanying web-site. 😀

in the end, those videos are not the property of Google. its content people have uploaded and google let them for years build themself with lots of subscribers and after the whole hard work they did and invested their life and lots of time google comes out with a 5$/month package to disable all ads for up to 10 devices. now this is a real betrayal of their users but what can you do against that?!

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just put "video downloader" in the search bar of google play and you will see at least 200 apps that does the same and even much more!
It 's true ... Google often pretends to turn a blind eye because it suits them but then if it receives complaints it acts.

Years ago I published an App that cleaned WhatsApp folders from duplicate or useless multimedia contents. For years it has been like this, then one day they send me an email in which they inform me of complaints received from WhatsApp (they send me a copy of the email) and tell me that they suspend the App .. which to date is still suspended ..

Moral of the story? Today there are hundreds of Apps that do the same thing ... but mine (and maybe 9 others have been suspended ...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome, the emulator you are using, which app is that, it also looks awesome!

Thanks

you mean the emulator it self? i use android studio and run the emulator from there. or did you mean the app that is running in the emulator?