iOS Question modifications issue while building release app

abdarrahim talbi

Licensed User
Hi,
as i said in my thread before!
i did follows all the steps in the last thread , i have changed the certificate, provision profile and the app ID to app.sendatrack.com.* !! still have the same issue , the modification i made does not appear when building release app !
NB: the app bundle id that i m tying to update in itunes connect is : app.sendatrack.com.bridge ! not the app i m working on now!

abdarrahim talbi

Licensed User
i m using that app id : app.sendatrack.com when building b4i bridge
it surly fail during compilation, i change the it to app.sendatrack.com.bridge ! i shouldn`t use .bridge att all ? not only when building bridge ?

Upvote 0

abdarrahim talbi

Licensed User
Ok, now i have changed the bundle id to all.*
the app package name is app.sendatrack ! i use it wile building bridge and compilation and release app ! still the modifications does not appear in release app

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i m using that app id : app.sendatrack.com when building b4i bridge
it surly fail during compilation, i change the it to app.sendatrack.com.bridge ! i shouldn`t use .bridge att all ? not only when building bridge ?
If you watched the tutorial again, you will notice the bridge can be build using b4i.example2 as package name, meaning it doesn't matter as long as you use the certificate and provision profile which matched the identifier.

In Apple developer website, you can create a wildcard identifier * (which you can build/debug any app) but I recommend you create another identifier such as com.sendatrack.* (and assign it to your distribution provision profile) so you can build all your following apps and able to submit to appstore using the package name such as com.sendatrack.myfirstapp, com.sendatrack.mysecondapp and so on (Assume that your company domain name is sendatrack.com).

You can use wildcard identifier * to develop your app until a point when you need to integrate function such as Firebase Cloud Messaging or publish your app to play store, you have to use an explicit app ID.

It is a good practice that the package name is a reverse domain name. Therefore the TLD (.com, .net, .org) is written first. For example, google.com publish youtube as com.google.android.youtube as it's package name. Google also can publish gmail using com.google.android.gm

I have a registered domain computerise.my and all my apps have package name starts with my.computerise

Untitled.png

The Build Configurations shall look like this:
package-name.png

Upvote 0