Share My Creation 15Tiles Pro Edition

Edit: please find attached version 1.12; specific notes on post#35 below.

Hi all,

after much thought, I resolved to start a new thread for the Pro version of my 15Tiles game since it will evolve in a so different object from its ancestor that striving to keep them together will soon be pointless.
So, please find attached the most up-to-date release (v. 1.02) of 15Tiles Pro, a derivative of the game published for the Xmas mini-game competition.

T15ProSmileyThemet21.png

New features:
2 players allowed on same device (yes, @RandomCoder this is for you :):) )
up to 6 game modes available
new "smiley" theme
new incidental music (really incessant, you're warned :eek: )

Due to time limits and laziness (expecially the latter :oops: ) I had to cut some corners. My goal was mainly to be out as soon as possible with a version that allowed us to crown the Best 2014 player. So, although you may choose between 6 different game modes, only 3 of them at present record your score (countdown, moves and year2014).
Lastly, current release is still an off-line one, so to join the 2014 best player competition, just post your score in this thread.
We are all honest and nice people here, so I am sure no score-cheating will happen (btw, next release will automatically collect your scores so be advised..eheh).

Don't miss the opportunity to be elected Best 2014 Player. Post here your best score!
B4X:
Player      Score
RandomCoder 3866 (0:29 - 94)
RandomCoder 3711 (0:52 - 134)
Spectre     3291 (1:20 - 124)
James Bond  3181 (1:21 - 104)
RandomCoder 3171 (0:28 - 86)
Competition will last until UTC midnight, January 31st.
Need more time? No problem. Compete for the Best 2015 Player! :D
B4X:
Player     Score
udg        3164 (1.01 - 112)
sorex      3129 (1:12 - 92)

Oh, something that is surely counterintuitive: your personal score page only shows scores relating to the current game mode selected. A label reminds you about that, but it's better to know it beforehand. Yes, next release will show all the scores on a scrolling list so we will get rid off this nuisance.
For those who downloaded the Xmas edition: this is a separate project so your score is initially zero; any Xmas/winter graphics is gone, replaced by a new funny theme.

That's all for now.

Enjoy

Disclaimer: the game could lead to addiction. Use only when you're at the bus-stop or any other 5 minutes wait situation :)

Attachments

• 15TilesPro.apk
    426.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 15TilesPro_v112.apk
    427.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess I'll be the first to congratulate you and post my best score to date...
15Tiles-BestScore_zps9f2253c1.png

Please note that there is also a problem with the splash screen on my Nexus 7...
15TilesSplashScreen_zps65995cc1.png

And the app gets flagged in Avast as being a suspicious file...
15Tiles-AvastWarning_zpsfc97ea87.png

This is a problem that has already been highlighted here... B4A and Avast Antivirus

Kind regards,
RandomCoder

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
new incidental music (really incessant, you're warned :eek: )
@udg but what makes the music worse is that it continues playing after exiting the game if the App remains in the background :mad:.
Sorry to add to the bug list.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi RC,

thank you for those 3 BAD NEWS :D

So, in order of appearance we have:
1. Avast antivirus complaining
2. messed up splash screen
3. music not properly paused

And do I dare to call it a Pro edition? Blame on me :oops:

About Avast false alarm I'll post in the proper thread; anyway I compiled with B4A 3.80 version so surely the problem is not B4A-version related.
Messed up splash screen: I overlooked Nexus 7 output by the UI Cloud (although that one shows the image..)
Music: at some point during development I solved the issue (@LucaMs pointed it out time ago). Checked with the Xmas edition: it's there too :mad:

Scores
Activate second player and let your son in for the competition..something tells me he will thrash all of us ;)
BTW, score screenshots are not necessary. We can trust in a B4A member word.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Since I'm evidently not an English native speaker (nor a videogames addict) would you like to suggest better wording/phrasing for game labels?
And, finally, what do you think about the music? I composed it myself mixing a couple of ready-made tracks and find it stressful but, honestly, I generally turn it off soon after the splash screen is over.. eheh

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes.

Currently we have:
1. Countdown game - a new scheme for each run
2. Moves game - same as above
3. Year 2014 - a fixed scheme to let us compete for the Best 2014 Player
4. Year 2015 - a fixed scheme for 2015 (scores are not recorded yet, but this will become the 2015 competition scheme)
5. Current month - each new month will have its own scheme (same note as point 4 above)
6. Current day - each new day will have its own scheme (same note as point 4 above)

So, when playing games 3 to 6 you know you vie with anybody else who selected the same game (if time frames coincide).

udg

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
cool, will give it a try when I find the time for it. :)

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did I mention there's a prize for the BP 2014 competition? :)

Anyway, bus-stop, metro (subway, undergroud), public office queue, commuter's transportation, waiting for kids at any activities...you will have plenty of opportunities to play it eheh

Have a nice day

ps: saw now your request; you can download it from post#1 above since it's not on the PlayStore yet.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
He's ..his son :D

All: to set an high score decrease the allowed time to complete the game (it's like betting on how fast you can complete the scheme)

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
All: to set an high score decrease the allowed time to complete the game (it's like betting on how fast you can complete the scheme)
Very useful info. Don't think I'll get chance again tonight as I have other plans, but I'll definitely be having another go. I may even let my son try :D

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I think I might be a little addicted now, do you offer a self help support number? :p
I've discovered another really, really annoying bug! If you change the game type OR if you back out of the App and close it so that you can start a new game. All previous high scores are lost. Imagine my frustration having been able to better my last score only to find that it is no longer listed :(
Fortunately it's not taken me to long to recreate my amazing score, read it and weep guys (and gals) :D
15Tiles-NewbestScore_zpsafff04a0.png

After taking this screen shot I have again lost my highscore :'( but at least I have this picture to look back on :D
I'm also a little confused as I have selected 'Year 2015' in the settings menu as there is no 'year 2014' option and yet my highscore record states 'Year 2014 Competition'. Is this a little typo?
15Tiles-Year2015_zps951ce399.png

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Since I'm evidently not an English native speaker (nor a videogames addict) would you like to suggest better wording/phrasing for game labels?
And, finally, what do you think about the music? I composed it myself mixing a couple of ready-made tracks and find it stressful but, honestly, I generally turn it off soon after the splash screen is over.. eheh
I mean this honestly, I think that your grasp of the English language is probably better than mine. I can't fault it and all the game labels are self explanatory. I too generally have my tablet on silent or set very low, it was only by pure chance that I realised it was still playing after closing the app. For me the most annoying thing is that the game scores keep getting reset.

Improvements I'd recommend...
1). Ability to stop a game and then restart the puzzle.
2). Highscores kept for each game mode (you don't necessarily need to show each score, just the one for the mode being played).
3). Option to increase the difficulty with a larger grid. :D

But having now wasted several spare minutes (possibly an hour or two) playing the game, I am in a good position to say how enjoyable it is to play, the tiles are very fluid and react to every touch without any lag on my Nexus 7.

Good Job! :cool:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So I think I might be a little addicted now, do you offer a self help support number?:p
Did you read the fine prints on post#1? :D

It's a couple of days that I'm suffering from a fastidious lower back pain surely due to poor sitting posture, so I tend to sit at my PC the less I can..and that's why I'm lagging behind with bug fixing. :(

That said, looking at your post #14, I'm afraid I've got bad news for you :eek:
I suspect that you're playing the year 2015 game (yes, I've to quickly check why 2014 is missing from your list) and so, unfortunately, it's expected that those scores were not recorded. Even worse, although you looks the definite leader for the year 2015 contest (yet to officially start..), I'm afraid that your scores are not valid for the current compo.
Edit: the above note was not accurate. Saving scores were limited to first 3 game modes. This explains your findings, but it was anticipated on post #6 so I feel less guilty on this. But the Achievement list was incorrect in that it showed the Year 2014 score label on any game mode from third to sixth (that one due to my well-known laziness :oops: ).
In conclusion, your score related to 2014 and you are the current compo leader! Congratulations!

This should sounds good news to @sorex and anyone else who felt umotivated by reading your stratospheric achievements.. eheh

Year2014 scheme's first row shows: 4-15-6-14
Year2015 scheme's first row reads: 7-1-2-10
Can you confirm you're playing the latter?

Today I plan to solve most of the bugs you advised on. I owe this to you.

udg

Edit: please RC, be sure to download the latest release from post#1 since many details changed from previous one posted on the XE thread

Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
create an algorithm that finds the fewest moves possible.

@LucaMs: that will show your programming competence rather than game ability.. eheh

BTW, where's your 2014 best score?

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
15Tiles Pro version 1.10 released.

Please find attached to post# 1 above the most up-to-date version of this addicting game.

Version 1.10 fixes all the bugs found by @RandomCoder and adds a few improvements.

Let's start with the bugs.
1. Incorrect Splash screen on Nexus 7; now UI Cloud shows it right so it should be ok on your devices
2. Music not properly muting on game send to background selecting the Home screen button. Done.
3. Partial game mode list (at least on RC device..). Should have been fixed.
4. Score saving. It wasn't a real bug, but now it is far more clearer what goes on.

New Features
Each game mode can now saves its scores (hurrah!) BUT both monthly and daily games are currently overwritten when a new scheme is available for that selection. So be advised, don't count on them to glorify your performances. :)
Consider their existence as an indication on how the app may evolve.

Due to the above, Year 2015 Competition is officially open!

If you have any question, discover any new bug or wish to propose an improvement just drop a message here. Thank you.

Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Improvements I'd recommend...
1). Ability to stop a game and then restart the puzzle.
2). Highscores kept for each game mode (you don't necessarily need to show each score, just the one for the mode being played).
3). Option to increase the difficulty with a larger grid.

1. When playing a game, you can pause it and then start it again from where it left. Just use the first button (which changes icon accordingly to its actions). If you mean, stop a game and call for a new, different scheme..well, that was the original bahavior. I may reintroduce it but I should add a button to the command row.
2. That is exactly how it is designed now. A problem would arise if we decide to keep each daily or monthly score because I'm using a map object and eventually a sqlite db will be needed. Anyway, once the scores will be sent to a server all this matter will be highly simplified.
3. Great idea! Another one will be a 1-to-1 game where two opponents play at roughly the same time (like Ruzzle).

Thank you for sharing your comments.