iOS Question 6.5-inch iPhone screenshots and IPad Pro is require

Humberto

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now apple require the screenshots with 6.5-inch iPhone and IPad Pro is required to approve.

We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently reflect your app in use.

Specifically, your 6.5-inch iPhone screenshots do not display the app in the correct device.

I don´t have those equipament, how to solve this ?

Attachments

• required.png
    required.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,097

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I usually download both pictures without background from Google then added the screenshoot of our App(iPhone5) using photoshop.

Upvote 0

Humberto

Licensed User
Longtime User
I trye with GIMP but seems that need the notch.

I did with Ipad Regular and resize the image but image from Iphone 8+ they refuse

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
check and udate just the needed screenshoots.

Also make sure that your pictures really look like from a iPhone8 and try again.

Upvote 0

Humberto

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem is that the 6.5 inch is from Iphone XS Max.

The picture from Iphone 8+ doesn´t fit.

I think that there is no notch

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
cut and edit to make it fit.

it works, I usually do it way using my iPhone5.(2 weeks ago I updated one of my app, no problem)

time again they refused ipad screenshoot i edited it and tried again a couple days later.
(because it depends of who is checking your app)

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
cut and edit to make it fit.

it works, I usually do it way using my iPhone5.(2 weeks ago I updated one of my app, no problem)

time again they refused ipad screenshoot i edited it and tried again a couple days later.
(because it depends of who is checking your app)
The problem with doing this is that you have no idea how your app looks on those screens. You might assume that because it looks OK on a 5.5" screen, then it will look OK on a 6.5" - but that isn't necessarily the case. That's the reason that Apple requires those screenshots now.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now apple require the screenshots with 6.5-inch iPhone and IPad Pro is required to approve.

I don´t have those equipament, how to solve this ?
you might be able to run a MacOS virtual machine in Windows & then run the simulators in xcode. my app is ok.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem with doing this is that you have no idea how your app looks on those screens. You might assume that because it looks OK on a 5.5" screen, then it will look OK on a 6.5" - but that isn't necessarily the case. That's the reason that Apple requires those screenshots now.

- Colin.
asked for a solution, it is my solution :)

note: Apple have been asking for the screenshoots iPhone & iPad for years..not just now

Upvote 0

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
What we need is something like a hosted mac simulator to see it running. It’s unreasonable to have all of the devices to test on. Obviously Apple keen to firce all Developer’s to buy a mac $$$

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
What we need is something like a hosted mac simulator to see it running. It’s unreasonable to have all of the devices to test on. Obviously Apple keen to firce all Developer’s to buy a mac $$$
You don't need to have all the devices to test on - you just need access to the simulators. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect app developers to have access to the tools needed to develop quality apps. The requirement to have screenshots from certain devices isn't just to inconvenience developers - it's to make sure that apps UIs are correctly implemented across the range of screens. Have you tried releasing an app on Play Store without screenshots?

There are Windows based iOS simulators available -> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ios-simulators-emulators-windows

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
that is true, only it was only optional so far. ;)
It was never optional to add screenshots to App Store listings, except up until recently the 6.5" & iPad Pro 12.9" weren't required.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
The first option in that link looks good - looks like a web based simulator, just like I said. And is free if you don't use it much, just run it up to get screenshots. I shall investigate it more.

You don't need to have all the devices to test on - you just need access to the simulators. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect app developers to have access to the tools needed to develop quality apps. The requirement to have screenshots from certain devices isn't just to inconvenience developers - it's to make sure that apps UIs are correctly implemented across the range of screens. Have you tried releasing an app on Play Store without screenshots?

There are Windows based iOS simulators available -> https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ios-simulators-emulators-windows

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Humberto

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got approved my app.

I get a good and real size screenshot from Iphone XS Max ( in attach )

Than I took the image from Iphone 8+ and resize to width 1242 pixels ( keep the ratio)

Then cut the image from this picture and paste into the Xs image.

Remember that the corners of a screenshot is straight and to maintain the top and bottom of the original

Attachments

• padrao_xsr.jpg
    padrao_xsr.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 766
  • Iphone_xrs1.jpg
    Iphone_xrs1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 507
  • Iphone65_1.jpeg
    Iphone65_1.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 573
Upvote 0

FelixCusi

Licensed User
Hi Humberto.

I have the same problem:

"We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently reflect your app in use.

Specifically, your 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd Generation), and 6.5-inch iPhone screenshots do not display the app in the correct device frame."

I have an iphone 5 how did you catch the xs max?

Felix

Upvote 0

Humberto

Licensed User
Longtime User
Felix

Try to follow those steps .

Took the image from Iphone 5 and resize to width 1242 pixels ( keep the ratio)

Then cut the image from this picture and paste into the Xs image. ( padrao_xsr.jpg)

If you have buttons in the bottom put the up part of the screen at the top, and the bottom part of iphone 5 at the botton and fill the center with the same background color or image.

Remember that the corners of a screenshot is straight and to maintain the top and bottom of the original.

Or send the original screenshot of your application and I´ll give a look

Upvote 0