iOS Question Screenshots do not sufficiently show your app in use

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
Hi guys I recently uploaded my app to the Apple Team for review I added the screenshots in the sizes they requested but I keep getting this message (I don't have an Apple device)

We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently show your app in use.
Specifically, your 6.7-inch iPhone, 5.5-inch iPhone, iPad Pro (2nd Gen), and iPad Pro (6th Gen) screenshots do not show the actual app in use in the majority of the screenshots.

To help users understand your app’s functionality and value, your screenshots should highlight your app's core concept. For example, a gaming app should feature screenshots that capture actual gameplay within the app.

Any advice or workaround for this - Thanks!

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
Without knowing what the pictures you have submitted look like, it will be difficult to give tips. One tip would be to use screenshots that show your app in use.
Here are a few examples of the images i uploaded they have the right size according to what they request to upload - Thanks!

Attachments

• iOS 1 - FS.jpg
    iOS 1 - FS.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 95
  • iOS 1.jpg
    iOS 1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 88
  • iOS 2.jpg
    iOS 2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 76
  • iOS 3 - FS.jpg
    iOS 3 - FS.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 80
  • iOS 3.jpg
    iOS 3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 88
  • iOS 4.jpg
    iOS 4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 71
  • iOS_3_1_2048x2732.jpg
    iOS_3_1_2048x2732.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
They were dimensioned to the sizes the Apple team required to upload them
Yes I know about the dimensions but the point I am making is, you squeezed it and its very obvious and glare that those with the FS are edited and did not come from actual Device.

You said you do not have physical device, so I believe you are using Xcode on Mac. I think you can create different device sizes in the Apple simulator and take the screenshot.

For me, I use hosted builder, but I compile and run in appetize.io which has different screen sizes for screenshot.
1695869718106.png

Upvote 0

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
Yes I know about the dimensions but the point I am making is, you squeezed it and its very obvious and glare that those with the FS are edited and did not come from actual Device.

You said you do not have physical device, so I believe you are using Xcode on Mac. I think you can create different device sizes in the Apple simulator and take the screenshot.

For me, I use hosted builder, but I compile and run in appetize.io which has different screen sizes for screenshot.
View attachment 146477
Thank you for you reply well i used appetize but when i attempt to upload the images the system does not accept it and it require me to set the to the size they are requesting that the only way that I'm able to upload the images resizing them

Attachments

• 5ba1672e-fbe1-448c-9eb9-a0b769c97d96.jpg
    5ba1672e-fbe1-448c-9eb9-a0b769c97d96.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I went though this. You need to resize them without distorting them. I had to do a lot of fiddling to make it work because I didn't have all the devices either.

Upvote 0