Other B4A v6.30 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v6.30 BETA version.

SS-2016-09-18_16.10.49.png

There are many IDE related improvements in this update.
  • The docking and layout features are based on a new and improved framework. Floating code editors behave as regular windows.
  • Documentation tool tips while hovering over code elements:

hover_tips.gif

• Support for bookmarks:

SS-2016-08-03_10.04.28.png

• New themes.
  • URLs in comments and strings are ctrl-clickable.
  • Class and module level documentation (taken from Process_Globals or Class_Globals subs).
  • Quick search shows a list of recent searches.
  • Designer uses the multiline text editor for text properties.
  • Unused libraries warning.
  • Debugger related improvements.
  • Custom views support "nullable colors". The default value of such fields looks like:

SS-2016-09-18_16.24.57.png

This is an important feature as in many cases it is better not to set any color and use the system default.
  • Rect.Width and Height properties.
  • Service_TaskRemoved event added to the Starter service. This event is raised when the user closes the app from the recent apps list.
  • FloatLabeledEditText - Text and hint colors can be set in the designer.
  • (Java) The Tag property is set when calling CustomView.replaceBaseWithView.
  • _onkeydown and _onkeyup inline Java hooks.
  • Other bug fixes and minor improvements.

Note that the debug key was replaced. If you are using B4A-Bridge then you will need uninstall the existing developed app before deploying the new one (required once).

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, looks excellent as usual! I was going to post a WISH! that, when typing code, the tip that pops up, showing syntax usage etc, you could select and copy the example code?

Would that be possible?

Still great though!

Thanks

Aidy

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The text is currently not selectable. It is a technical issue related to the way the text is created. Note that there is a very useful "search online" link for types. In the future the search engine will show the snippet when you search for a type (as was in the previous version of the search engine).

Upvote 0

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
The text is currently not selectable. It is a technical issue related to the way the text is created. Note that there is a very useful "search online" link for types. In the future the search engine will show the snippet when you search for a type (as was in the previous version of the search engine).

I presumed it would not be easy! ;) as always the simple things are hard! and the hard things are easy! lol

But still great! (i hope im in my free updates period, I feel im possibly just out)

Thanks

Aidy

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"Support for bookmarks:" - Wahoo!

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just wrapped this project https://github.com/lypeer/GoogleClock
With B4A V6.00 it works perfectly on Lolipop 5.1 . With B4A V6.30 Beta it won't install at all. No error - it just say "App not installed"

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

tpakis

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel I had a couple of very old apps (from 2011) which I still update and which were signed with both my key and the debug key, uploaded to Google play. How can I keep a backup of the old debug key in order to sign them (and what's the password for that key :) ) and keep updating them. Google won't allow to be signed with only one key they need to be signed with both.

Upvote 0

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oooh, I like that "Documentation tool tips while hovering over code elements" for variable types. Could you replace (custom type) with the actual type declaration text instead? I keep copying/pasting that anytime I work with custom types, and that'd negate the need to do so

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there an initialize2(X,Y,Width,Height)?
Currently no.

This is not the place to discuss other features.
With B4A V6.30 Beta it won't install at all. No error - it just say "App not installed"
It is related to the new debug key. Uninstall the existing app and it will work.

@Erel I had a couple of very old apps (from 2011) which I still update and which were signed with both my key and the debug key, uploaded to Google play
Applications can only be signed with a single key. You cannot upload applications signed with the debug key. With that said you can copy debug.keystore from the existing installation folder to the new version. It will work.

Could you replace (custom type) with the actual type declaration text instead? I keep copying/pasting that anytime I work with custom types, and that'd negate the need to do so
Please post it in the wishlist forum.

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, better docking & themes :)

Upvote 0