Other B4A v6.30 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v6.30 BETA version.

SS-2016-09-18_16.10.49.png

There are many IDE related improvements in this update.
  • The docking and layout features are based on a new and improved framework. Floating code editors behave as regular windows.
  • Documentation tool tips while hovering over code elements:

hover_tips.gif

• Support for bookmarks:

SS-2016-08-03_10.04.28.png

• New themes.
  • URLs in comments and strings are ctrl-clickable.
  • Class and module level documentation (taken from Process_Globals or Class_Globals subs).
  • Quick search shows a list of recent searches.
  • Designer uses the multiline text editor for text properties.
  • Unused libraries warning.
  • Debugger related improvements.
  • Custom views support "nullable colors". The default value of such fields looks like:

SS-2016-09-18_16.24.57.png

This is an important feature as in many cases it is better not to set any color and use the system default.
  • Rect.Width and Height properties.
  • Service_TaskRemoved event added to the Starter service. This event is raised when the user closes the app from the recent apps list.
  • FloatLabeledEditText - Text and hint colors can be set in the designer.
  • (Java) The Tag property is set when calling CustomView.replaceBaseWithView.
  • _onkeydown and _onkeyup inline Java hooks.
  • Other bug fixes and minor improvements.

Note that the debug key was replaced. If you are using B4A-Bridge then you will need uninstall the existing developed app before deploying the new one (required once).

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with installation instructions.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
where can you please download the update 6.30 B4A?

I have the B4A bought 3 weeks ago (update for 2 months)

thank you
You should receive an email containing the download link.

Upvote 0

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice update, thank you!

Installation went fine on this Dell D630 running Win7 Ultimate. Everything is running smoothly. Further observations will be posted here if needs be.

I have one request, not a biggie but hopefully something that could easily be done for the next release: When switching from Debug to Release while the debugger is running, it would be nice to automatically close the debugger and reload the app when I click on Run (F5). I get caught every time, I click on Run and nothing happens... then duh...
I do this often as I switch between 4-5 devices with different screen sizes, I like to load the release code before disconnecting a device and connecting another so that I can run the app on multiple devices at the same time (while debugging one) for comparison. If I forget and leave the debug version on a device, of course the app wont run on that device if it is not connected to the debugger, so I do this quite often.

Upvote 0

piramide

Licensed User
Longtime User
An application working gives me this error after installing the 6.3 BETA , however in the previous version compiles fine .

src\b4a\example\starter.java:84: error: cannot find symbol super.onTaskRemoved(rootIntent);

thanks

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0