A beautiful sunny morning

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It was a beautiful sunny morning today when i weaked up. After get ready to work i went to my car and found this:

IMG-20170606-WA0000.jpg

My car is the one in the front.
This is a nice way to start the day isnt it?! :(

Ps. The demage is a total demage so the car may not drive on the road anymore. Now i have to find a new car so i need to work harder on new projects i guess :D

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OMG :(:(
I hope your car-insurance will cover (or a part of) it..

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OMG :(:(
I hope your car-insurance will cover (or a part of) it..

Me too but it will be a long process and i have no car right now so not simple for me. But everything that happens in life is for your good so i will be ok ;)

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OffTopic: In my new car, there are lots of cameras measuring speed, detection and distance to obstacles so I guess some of those algorithms present in OpenCV are also present in many cars...

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There's a thing I don't understand.

Didn't the other driver leave any notification so that you can contact him/her?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There's a thing I don't understand.

Didn't the other driver leave any notification so that you can contact him/her?

She waited there in the car. Her husband is a police officer. I believe that i will get the worth of my car but it can take a lot time until the cash will arrive.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OffTopic: In my new car, there are lots of cameras measuring speed, detection and distance to obstacles so I guess some of those algorithms present in OpenCV are also present in many cars...

Mobileye an israeli company was sold few month ago for about 18 billion dollar .

That company developed a security system for cars that use such methods like opencv.

So i just need to create such a system and i will get my 18 billion dolar too.not big deal :p

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Mobileye an israely company was sold few month ago for about 17 billion dollar .
I read something about it somewhere. When I read news like that, something tells me that it's time to think big...but difficult for one-man-companies ;)

On the good side: you will get the value (even if it takes time), you weren't in the car when it happened, and the day is possibly still sunny

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You may be a friend who wants to suggest the realization of a new game :p:p:p. The bumper cars. Can you do with LibGDX?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I read something about it somewhere. When I read news like that, something tells me that it's time to think big...but difficult for one-man-companies ;)

Exactly... Having a good idea, putting into practice, is less than halfway... Then you need promoting, so that major players notice your app

AHilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a client that uses and installs Mobileyes' lane detection/monitoring hardware for large tractor/trailers in the US. While the camera/software tech is impressive, the vehicle integration is a mess and some of their engineering choices where convoluted. I met a team from Mobileye in Houston last year at a safety/technology show for a large US transportation/shipping company. Had a few of them asking about job opportunities elsewhere. Not sure what that means.

A little duct tape and some buffing will take care of that, ilan.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand.

Your car has been tamped, so it's the insurance of the person who has tamped it that has to pay you (surely you know this, then probably I missed something).

Its a process. You send docs to your insurance and your insurance need to sue the insurance of the hitting car.

Now i have no car and such a process can take months.