A beautiful sunny morning

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And it all depends on the job you're traveling to...
My wife is a "cleaning lady", and has several clients a day, so public transportation reduces that by half, plus some clients need her to bring her own cleaning tools..

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry to see that happen to you @ilan, trust me when I say that I feel your pain, I really do :(. I really hope that you either get your car fixed quickly via the insurance or that your car gets replaced via the insurance as soon as possible. I'm sure that everything will work itself out for you, and hopefully you will be better off for it.

I like your quite @ilan, I will use it later in this post, and yes you are 100% correct.

This is what happened to me. A few years ago I was fast asleep in bed when my partner Joanne woke me up and told me to look outside the bedroom window. I was at her house at the time and that evening I decided not to put my car on her drive way in front of her car, that was probably my biggest mistake of that particular year.

Anyway after looking outside of the bedroom windows, I went outside and took this photo at 03:38 in the morning according to the EXIF data time stamp. I moved my car back onto the pavement where it originally was, I jumped into Joanne's car and I followed the dripping water trail until the water trail ended 2 miles down the road, the car ran out of water and there was no car there. I phoned the police and they didn't want to know as nobody was injured :mad:
0338.jpg

In the morning when I woke up and had breakfast, I took the following photos :(
DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

DSCF0608.jpg

I was completely gutted @ilan, I could have gone through the insurance and waited a few weeks to get my car fixed up, but after speaking to them I just decided to fix my car up myself using contacts. I have 100% protected no claims bonus on my insurance and I also have a clean license too, but UK insurance companies over the next few years always find a way to hike up your insurance price even if an accident is not your fault to get their money back.

Anyway I took my car to a friends body panel and spray garage and as the sub frame an main structural parts of the car were not damaged, I just decided to get this car fixed up and I purchased a run about car for two weeks while my black beauty was being repaired at my friends garage. I got most of the part for my car from one of my customers who owns a BMW only breakers yard. I had to travel about 90 miles or so to get a few parts from an eBay seller but less than 2 weeks later the results speaks for itself. I then sold the other run about car (and made a nice profit on it) which looked really nice and Joanne said I should have kept that car instead lol, but the run about car was just too juicy on fuel for my liking.

My partner Joanne lives on a bend on a busy through road, cars are always tapping the curb and mounting the pavement at speed out side of her house. She has had her fence repaired so may times that she now keeps spare fencing panels in her harden shed, idiots...

But everything that happens in life is for your good so i will be ok ;)
I completely agree with the above quote @ilan :)

Less than 2 weeks later and black beauty is fully repaired (I did help rebuilt the front end in my spare time though as I've always been into repairing car myself anyway). This time I put the car on Joanne's drive way before taking this photo no polish, just a quick wash and dry with soapy water :)
Fixed.jpg

Enjoy...

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Peter Simpson The funny thing is that i also have a private parking place but i am to lazy to park it there because i have to open the gate to get to the parking place so i almost always park my car on the side of the road :confused:.

I need to mention that the gate is opened via rc control but i want to save the typing for b4x :D

I think i am the most laziest person in the world that has a parking place under his house opened with an rc control but still park somewhere else.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan so we both live and learn the hard way :rolleyes:
I do have a question about the car that crashed into your car though?

I noticed that the car that hit yours has their 'wing mirror' pushed forward and I also noticed that the car that hit yours has a flat/deflated tyre. Do you know if the tyre was the cause of the accident or if there was another vehicle involved thus her wing mirror was damaged?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan so we both live and learn the hard way :rolleyes:
I do have a question about the car that crashed into your car though?

I noticed that the car that hit yours has their 'wing mirror' pushed forward and I also noticed that the car that hit yours has a flat/deflated tyre. Do you know if the tyre was the cause of the accident or if there was another vehicle involved thus her wing mirror was damaged?

The second car in the image is also a victim. Its my neighbors car.

I took this picture after the hitting car was removed.

This is the hitting car;:

IMG-20170606-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170606-WA0002.jpg

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(Just to become even more unpleasant).

I do not like this thread; I do not drive a car maybe since 2005!

And then it does not seem like a computer topic.

Use public transport, steal the car to your wife, do hitchhiking, get a courtesy car from a mechanic, use car-sharing... walk.

:D:(

P.S. sunny morning (days)? Bicycle or scooter.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry to hear this Ilan, I hope you get a replacement car very soon. Good that the driver stayed and waited for you. Good that she has insurance. Good that no-one was hurt. These are only metal objects that can be put back to previous state or replaced. Your quote is spot on :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And then it does not seem like a computer topic.

i thought i can post about any topic in the Chit Chat Section. if it is limited only to computer topics then @Erel can delete this thread.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some years ago i was in Rome. I was very confused by the local traffic rules. During my one week stay i figured out that they have probably the same rules as we do - with one addition:
When you use your horn the rules don't count for you!
:p

i was also 1 time in italy and i noticed that all traffic sign are just a "suggestion" for the drivers and not more.
i stopped on a Stop Sign and it become very loud behind me. after that i saw how people just ignore stop sign and i understood that in italy you need to be italian.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
after that i saw how people just ignore stop sign and i understood that in italy you need to be italian.
And if you are Dutch, you must wear wooden clogs and go around choosing women in the showcases; if you are Mexican you must wear sombrero... and so on.

i thought i can post about any topic in the Chit Chat Section. if it is limited only to computer topics then @Erel can delete this thread.
Yes it is (and it's right, because all of us could start many discussions about anything. Also, I was scolded for this reason (well, one of the many reproaches I received)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I knew that there was another car involved, thanks for the photos.

Well first and foremost I'm pleased that there was no serious injuries and that the woman stayed there and waited for you. She's lucky that you were going to work this morning otherwise she could have been waiting for you to turn up all day ;)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I knew that there was another car involved, thanks for the photos.

Well first and foremost I'm pleased that there was no serious injuries and that the woman stayed there and waited for you. She's lucky that you were going to work this morning otherwise she could have been waiting for you to turn up all day ;)

I am not sure that she was waiting for me. She was waiting for her husband.

Btw she could not drive away. after the crash her car could not start. I am not saying that she would have run away but at least at this accident she had no possibility.

Last edited:

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry to hear that Ilan, looks awful.
I have something similar a few years ago. Left my car parked outside my flat in the street, then came home the day before christmas eve to find the windscreen smashed by someone who didn't bother hanging around to apologize or give me any insurance details.

Attachments

• smashedwindscreen.JPG
    smashedwindscreen.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 172

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry to hear that Ilan, looks awful.
I have something similar a few years ago. Left my car parked outside my flat in the street, then came home the day before christmas eve to find the windscreen smashed by someone who didn't bother hanging around to apologize or give me any insurance details.

i guess everyone will have to go through a "sunny morning" or "a happy christmas eve" or "happy birthday far away from home"... :D
i just hope we have to go through this only once in life ;)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan
Sorry for what happened to your car and happy for you didn't hurt.
I suggest you smear the numbers in the number plate.. As Google does.
Here in US would be a true nice day because you will get a brand new car in a couple of weeks.