B4J Question Why was Scene Builder deprecated? It is quite amazing.

JamesGreaves

Licensed User
I just took a look at Scene Builder without realizing it was deprecated and was so excited to see all it could do.
Then I saw it had been deprecated. But why?
Is there something else I could use that is like it? Or must I now just use the Internal Designer?

jmon

Licensed User
There was also a moment where Oracle discontinued the support of Scene Builder. It was later continued and supported by Gluon.

For a moment I was scared that I developed an app based on a software that was discontinued, but very happy to see that Erel developed his own Scene designer! :) I definitely encourage you to use Internal Designer, unless you have to support legacy apps. Gluon hasn't done much updates to Scene Builder compared to what Erel did.

JamesGreaves

Licensed User
There was also a moment where Oracle discontinued the support of Scene Builder. It was later continued and supported by Gluon.

For a moment I was scared that I developed an app based on a software that was discontinued, but very happy to see that Erel developed his own Scene designer! :) I definitely encourage you to use Internal Designer, unless you have to support legacy apps. Gluon hasn't done much updates to Scene Builder compared to what Erel did.
Thank you, I appreciate your reply very much.