Wish A little curation on the forum

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is SOOOOO difficult to tell if you are working with the latest (or most functional or least buggy) version of stuff, or if there is a newer and better way to do things.
Today was a perfect example. I found the QRCodeReaderView Lib. Buried in the comments were 3 or 4 updates with no rev change which made it hard to figure out which one to use, but OK, it is a volunteer project and free, I get it - and thank you Johan Schoeman for creating this lib. I got to where I understood it pretty well with the demo project and started incorporating it into my app. A couple of things did't seem right and when I clicked generate target (a sub resultsfound) it generated it but left off the traing paren ')' on the sub. That made me nervous so I went back to the forum and ran across. QRCodeReaderView - New Release which contains a totally new lib NewQRCodeReaderView with new functionality and a slightly different way of doing things (and it didn't have that weird bug when generating the sub).

My point in all of this is that it is sometimes very difficult to tell if we are using the latest and greatest, or doing things in the newest prescribed way. I am not sure what the solution is. I do know it is really nice when I see a message in bold at the top of a post that says something like 'OBSOLETE - see \\XXXX' it would be nice if there was enough of those that you could have reasonable confidence that you were looking at the best solution or latest lib.