B4J Question [ABMaterial] Burger Menu not working on smaller devices (Mobile)

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by Anser, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Anser

Anser Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi,

I am facing a peculiar problem. This was working fine till ABMaterial v3.75

I upgraded to the latest available ABMaterial version. I statred my project once again using the Template project avaialable on the latest ABMaterial

When I resize the Web browser to the size of Mobile device, the Burger Menu appear. That's fine.

But If I click on one of the Menu on the Navigation SideBar Menu, the page just reloads and then back to square one.

If I resize the Internet browser to the Desktop size then the everything is working fine as expected. The problem is only when I access the Web app on a Mobile, OR if I resize the Web Browser to the size of a Mobile phone.

Any idea, where the problem could be ?

joulongleu likes this.
  2. alwaysbusy

alwaysbusy Expert Licensed User

Try setting ABM.EnablePassiveEventListeners=false in Initialize in ABMApplication.

This is an experimental property introduced in 4.03 to have less warnings in the browser (because google introduced a new parameter) and has impacts on events.

3. rwblinn

rwblinn Well-Known Member Licensed User

Experienced the same behaviour (added as a bug to the ABM Feedback Form).

After setting ABM.EnablePassiveEventListeners=false, the Burger Menu is working fine. Tested on Win10 PC, Raspberry Pi, Android Smartphone.

alwaysbusy likes this.
  4. alwaysbusy

alwaysbusy Expert Licensed User

Ok, so it seems using this parameter = true (the 'brute force' approach) to add passive events is not working :( I will build it out in the next iteration.

5. clarionero

clarionero Active Member Licensed User

Hi. Confirmed in my current project. Im using hamburger menu in all device sizes.

Rubén

6. Anser

Anser Well-Known Member Licensed User

Yes. Setting ABM.EnablePassiveEventListeners=false in Initialize in ABMApplication resolved this issue.

Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice