B4J Question [ABMaterial] Burger Menu not working on smaller devices (Mobile)

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am facing a peculiar problem. This was working fine till ABMaterial v3.75

I upgraded to the latest available ABMaterial version. I statred my project once again using the Template project avaialable on the latest ABMaterial

When I resize the Web browser to the size of Mobile device, the Burger Menu appear. That's fine.

But If I click on one of the Menu on the Navigation SideBar Menu, the page just reloads and then back to square one.

If I resize the Internet browser to the Desktop size then the everything is working fine as expected. The problem is only when I access the Web app on a Mobile, OR if I resize the Web Browser to the size of a Mobile phone.

Any idea, where the problem could be ?

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try setting ABM.EnablePassiveEventListeners=false in Initialize in ABMApplication.

This is an experimental property introduced in 4.03 to have less warnings in the browser (because google introduced a new parameter) and has impacts on events.

Upvote 0

rwblinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Experienced the same behaviour (added as a bug to the ABM Feedback Form).

After setting ABM.EnablePassiveEventListeners=false, the Burger Menu is working fine. Tested on Win10 PC, Raspberry Pi, Android Smartphone.

Upvote 0

clarionero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Experienced the same behaviour (added as a bug to the ABM Feedback Form).

After setting ABM.EnablePassiveEventListeners=false, the Burger Menu is working fine. Tested on Win10 PC, Raspberry Pi, Android Smartphone.

Hi. Confirmed in my current project. Im using hamburger menu in all device sizes.

Rubén

Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try setting ABM.EnablePassiveEventListeners=false in Initialize in ABMApplication.

This is an experimental property introduced in 4.03 to have less warnings in the browser (because google introduced a new parameter) and has impacts on events.
Yes. Setting ABM.EnablePassiveEventListeners=false in Initialize in ABMApplication resolved this issue.

Thank you

Upvote 0