B4J Library [ABMaterial] Framework for WebApps

Discussion in 'B4J Libraries & Classes' started by alwaysbusy, Nov 5, 2015.

1. alwaysbusy

alwaysbusy Expert Licensed User

That is just the code in the html. Once the page is loaded, it needs to be able to connect to your .jar file to continue the rest. All interaction with the webapp is done through the websockets with you app written in b4j. I think you're a little confused on what b4j actually does. If you download Erel's demo app (http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/webapp-web-apps-overview.39811/), you won't be able to put that on your website either if your server is not able to run the jar file. Very few web webspaces do and they are not very cheap to hire.

Peter Simpson and Cableguy like this.
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

(This is not really related to this thread)
    You need a virtual private server (VPS) with SSH access to run B4J server apps. There are low-cost offers (~20$ per month).

You can also use your own computer as a server: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/37201/#content

Mashiane, Peter Simpson and Cableguy like this.
  3. alwaysbusy

Thank you Erel for the explanation.

Update: New version 0.99 available. (see first post). If you have started to write an WebApp with ABMaterial, I had to make adjustments in certain existing objects, but this is the nature of being beta.

4. rboeck

rboeck Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi,

today i made an raspberry day and i checked, if ABMaterial now works on linux, or exactly on the rpII. The positive - it compiles without errors, it creates a local index.htm an i see the three running circles - but forever. Now i tried to run it on an old mac - exactly the same.
    As client machine i see no problems on mac and on raspberry. If you want, i can help you debug on these systems, if its interesting for you.
    Thanks for the new version!

5. alwaysbusy

@rboeck Is this the demo with the new version (0.99)? Maybe it's a bug in my latest compilation. You can also try setting page.ShowLoader=false in the BuildPage() and see what shows up then. Pressing F12 in the Chrome browser could reveal where it goes wrong.

6. woniol

woniol Active Member Licensed User

Hi,
    I get this in Logs at first run both Demo and Template:
    Code:
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/ab/abmaterial/ABMComponent : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
    Any idea where is the problem?

Compiling with Java 1.8 solved the problem

7. rboeck

It is the new version, the older one had problems with the slashes... I found more then 30 times page.Showloader and made on global replace to false. The problem stays the same. F12 in Chorme allows a wide range of possibilities, what exactly an i do? I can open an teamviewer session, if you can use it...
    I have attached the console log, because there are much 404 resource errors.

Attached Files:

• Log.zip
      File size:
      321 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  8. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member Licensed User

9. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!

did I said THANK YOU! already?

10. little3399

little3399 Active Member Licensed User

HI,
    I run the new version (0.99) and get some error ? and how to fixed it ? Tks!

upload_2015-11-9_8-34-44.png

11. alwaysbusy

You are running the old demo project with the new library files. As mentioned methods have changed so that does not work. Use the new demo project.

DonManfred likes this.
  12. alwaysbusy

@rboeck Sorry for the late reply but as I do not have a raspberry pi, I had to setup a virtual one using QEMU and that was not so obvious. Just tried it and everything goes as it should (even with emulator only having 256MB of ram). From your logs, did you copy all the files to your raspberry pi? It looks like you are missing all the javascript and css files. You have to copy all the files to your rasperry pi, not only the jar. (I did even too much probably as the www folder should be enough.

[​IMG]

13. billyrudi

billyrudi Active Member Licensed User

Hi alwaysbusy,
    tanks for the last post to me.
    There are some visualitations problems in the footer page on the ipad. it don't show at bottom when page is portrait. do you know already?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  14. alwaysbusy

@billyrudi I was not aware there was a problem. All you put up was a screenshot of your app. I need more info before I can start looking into the problem. (type ipad, browser, code, logs...)

15. rboeck

Hi, i worked with the b4j bridge with remotedebugging and did not copy anything by myself. As i see i have a folder tempjars, inside there is a www folder with demo folder inside. Inside this demo folder are 172 files, for each page a folder etc. There are also the files index.htm, demo.css, demo.js and donotdelete.conn.
    Today i found, thats the problem is in combination with remote debugging. Even on a PC there are the same symptons as descripted, so i will try to make my setup manually and look, what will haben.

16. Cableguy

Just made my donation... Not much, enough to buy yourself an happy meal!

alwaysbusy likes this.
  17. little3399

little3399 Active Member Licensed User

@alwaysbusy , Does the password's display can be show in "*" upload_2015-11-9_18-44-48.png " ?

18. alwaysbusy

@little3399 Yes, check out ABMInput in the demo app. There is a password field there.

19. alwaysbusy

@rboeck You have to copy the files manually, remote debugging does not copy the files (this is default B4J behaviour, nothing to do with ABMaterial). ABMaterial helps a bit by creating the Demo folder and files, but cannot copy your images, other css/js files needed etc. Check Erels posts on this subject for more info.

Peter Simpson likes this.
  20. Cableguy

Hi Alan,

When creating the grid, is it possible to have it empty but still "seeing" the placeholders, maybe by having a border on the grids?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice