Android Question Access denied Objects directory

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been having the Access denied problem for a while. Unable to write to B4A project folder. I'm deleting the Objects folder. Then when I compile it again it works. But I have to repeat this every time. Also, the application icon I chose does not replace the default B4A icon. This is probably due to the inability to write to the res folder.
I am running B4A program as administrator. I give full write permission to the project folder. But the problem is the same.

teddybear

Licensed User
What is the message about access denied when you compile?

Reactions: Ydm
Upvote 0

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried it anywhere else on D and C because it's from the Drive folder. The result is the same. I also don't have an antivirus program. Windows defender is on.
The error I got:
B4A Version: 11.50
Parse code. (0.07s)
Java Version: 8
Building folders structure. error
Access denied to path 'D:\Projects\Experiment\B4A\Objects\b4xlibs\Files'.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
I've tried it anywhere else on D and C because it's from the Drive folder. The result is the same. I also don't have an antivirus program. Windows defender is on.
The error I got:
B4A Version: 11.50
Parse code. (0.07s)
Java Version: 8
Building folders structure. error
Access denied to path 'D:\Projects\Experiment\B4A\Objects\b4xlibs\Files'.
Refer to this if it can help you, it seems same issue

Upvote 0

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have a backup program that I use. I also stopped Windows's own shares. It gives the same error again. I copied it to My Documents folder in C. There the result is the same. I right clicked the project folder and removed the Read Only property for all files. I have given Full Control in the security settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled B4A. The problem is not solved. What else do I need to check? When I delete the Objects folder it does the build. Therefore, it is as if there is no writing problem, no access problem. But it looks like the error.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
I don't have a backup program that I use. I also stopped Windows's own shares. It gives the same error again. I copied it to My Documents folder in C. There the result is the same. I right clicked the project folder and removed the Read Only property for all files. I have given Full Control in the security settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled B4A. The problem is not solved. What else do I need to check? When I delete the Objects folder it does the build. Therefore, it is as if there is no writing problem, no access problem. But it looks like the error.
It looks like the object folder is being used by some process, do you try to reboot your computer then?

Upvote 0

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks like the object folder is being used by some process, do you try to reboot your computer then?
I've rebooted multiple times. However, it hasn't changed. A very interesting mistake. When I searched the forum, I saw people with the same problem. Hope we can find a solution.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
I've rebooted multiple times. However, it hasn't changed. A very interesting mistake. When I searched the forum, I saw people with the same problem. Hope we can find a solution.
An odd issue, do you create a new project in an u-disk, try to use different file system fat32, ntfs etc

Upvote 0

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
This problem did not exist a month ago. I am using the same computer and disk. It's a later problem.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
This problem did not exist a month ago. I am using the same computer and disk. It's a later problem.
Have you installed cloud-disk such as google drive recently?
See the link

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've had a similar problem a couple of times when my anti virus software has upgraded. A lot of files and folders on the disk became read only and I had to sort it out manually.

Before you do anything drastic, just check if the objects directory is created read only. If it's the same issue I had, it may also affect other folders and projects.

Upvote 0

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I remove the read-only feature of a folder and save it, the folder still remains read-only. Maybe the problem is with windows 10 updates. It will be difficult to find out which update is causing it.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try doing it from the command line, I have also noticed that the option on the Properties doesn't always work.

Upvote 0

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
attrib -s -h -r "C:\Users\YDB\Documents\ProjectB4A\Objects*.*" /s /d

I tried it this way, it doesn't work. I've been searching the windows forums but haven't found a solution yet. Uninstall recent updates. It didn't work either.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you try it from a command line / power shell with admin privileges?

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this:

attrib -r "C:\Users\YDB\Documents\ProjectB4A\Objects" /s /d

should be enough.

Upvote 0