Android Question Access to path is denied when compiling

karakoulis

Hi, I'm trying to learn the very basics of B4A from the Beginner's Guide and associated examples but stumbling upon every single stone.
I got as far as SecondExample and now I'm getting this error message when compiling. As an absolute newbie I'm completely lost. I made a forum search but didn't get a clue.

Attachments

• jhlk.png
    jhlk.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 361

karakoulis

Program Files is a protected folder. You should save your projects under My Documents.
Thanks, I've placed them in My Documents but now I get a new error message when I click on the Designer, see attached screen shot.

After I click OK on the error message the Designer window opens and if I now try to load the main.bal file I get the message again.

Attachments

• designer_error.png
    designer_error.png
    24 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0

ktlua

Licensed User
I have the same problem:

B4A version: 6.31
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. Error
Access to the path 'D:\apps\Guide\b4a\CD_ROM\Ch02\Ch2-2-1\Objects\bin\classes\ch02\b4a\example' is denied.

The program is downloaded from a CD-ROM coming with a book on b4a.
I move them to Document under my Windows 7.

Upvote 0

ktlua

Licensed User
The projects must be moved to a writable folder.
Yes, the directories are writable. I furter confirm this by writing some files to each dirctory and su-directory. All the floders are writable. I suspect there is a bug in your IDE.

I now create a new project and copy the *.b4a and other files to the newly created folders. It works.

Upvote 0

ktlua

Licensed User
For now you are the only one to encounter this issue.

Where is the project stored?

I feel very sorry about this. The codes are download from a CDROM and a website kept by the book publisher. The CDROM codes are copied to my drive d at
at: d:\apps\guide\b4a\cd_rom\cho3\ch03-01 and so on.

I do not have same problems with your sample codes (in SourceCode).

Is it becuase of the Chinese characters they use in the program? Or is it becuase these programs are copied from a CD-ROM?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Or is it becuase these programs are copied from a CD-ROM?
files copied from cdrom usually get the writeprotected bit set when copying...
After you copy the files make sure to REMOVE the writeprotected-bit from every file/folder inside...
Right-click, properties, uncheck write-protect, OK

Upvote 0