Android Question Activities automatic restart behaviour after crash

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
When an activity started from main activity crashes , do the OS try to restart it again ?
I got a continuous cicle from main to the crashing activity, then eventualy the process crashes .
How do I solve this, when I started few years ago activities did not restarted itself automaticaly .

Thanks

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
The unhandled exception seems to be the camera intent that runs on older devices , jelly bean 4.3 on Huawey but this does not happen all the time
I did not yet found out what is about .
The camera example seems to work good though , my implementation does not work well.

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I work in a forum app , and use http utils and php to comunicate with database and ftp to upload pictures.
If I have two activities that upload pictures with ftp ...should I create a service ftp to do the uploading work ? or initialise two ftp conections for each activity ?

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have found my problem using the intent camera .... read the intent camera tutorial and found this:

HI,

The example works fine (thank you)

But is there a way to have the picture automatically taken, without having to click on the "button" ?

Thanks

Erel response was: NO

Can somebody explaing what is alowed to perform inside ION Event and how it works ?
Why is the order of pushing the button to take picture needed in order to take picture properly ?
The process crashes when you make any changes to the order described in the example....as explained in the dialog above !

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
[a little bit OT, I will open a new thread when I will discover more infos]

My app sometimes restarts automatically. It must be something the way I close it (by code). There are no special services, only the Starter.
I write this because there is a certain relationship, even if I'm not talking about crashes.
(Maybe some pending Resumable?).

Upvote 0