Android Question adaptive design questions

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I've been reading here and some google specifications.

I have two questions.

Fist, I've added the images and manifest code into my project; I see the adaptative icon on Android 8 but I see the green droid on Android 7.1 (in spite of leaving the original PNG icon files where they were). shouldn't I see the "old" icon? I have them on separate folders (ldpi, mdpi, etc)

Second; I don't get how having only one sized icon file will adapt different screen resolutions like the multi folder multi icon standard way. Or should be implemented a multi file approach with the adaptative model too? how it would be?

Regards!

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, thank you for your answer!

I remember reading here somewhere about how it would be better to have different icons with different sizes for different resolutions because the downscaling android does when is needed does not always looks nice.

I don't have any icon.png that's a green droid on any res folder. My project has the original icon, with which was working fine (4 different icons in ldpi, mdpi, etc); I've replaced the following lines in the manifest and added foreground.png and background.png in the mipmap folder.

'SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@mipmap/ic_launcher")

Regards!

Upvote 0