Android Question adb.exe entry point not found

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Richard Lord, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Richard Lord

Richard Lord Member Licensed User

Houston I have a problem, please help.

B4A v 8.00
    Win XP .net 4.0
    Samsung J3 (2015)
    Android 5.1.1

I tried out the google maps sample, and in doing so I had to use the SDK manager to install (all recommended) Android-28.

Now I get adb.exe error Entry point not found in .dll. I am using B4A-Bridge (v2.53), after searching the forum I am confused as to why, since I read that B4A-Bridge does not use adb!

I have given up with the google map view and now just send a postcode to the google app via Intent etc. (I don't want to pay for the geolocate service).

I have tried to reverse what I have done to break my Installation, but I cannot get B4A working with my previously working projects.

I have run repair on my .net 4, I have changed the android.jar path to an earlier platform and I have reinstalled B4A (a similar post suggested "Broken B4A setup").

I cannot get rid of the adb error, and when I set the sdk min version in the manifest to an earlier version, I get :-
    B4A Version: 8.00
    Parsing code. (0.05s)
    Compiling code. (0.72s)
    Compiling layouts code. (0.03s)
    Organizing libraries. (4.83s)
    Generating R file. Error
    ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:font
    ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontStyle
    ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontVariationSettings
    ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontWeight
    ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:ttcIndex

Can anyone help, or do I just have to bin XP and move on?
    Thank you in advance.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The newer versions of Android SDK do not support Windows XP.

3. Richard Lord

Thank you for that Erel,
    Your SDK manager installed it (no warnings), I can't find any method to uninstall or rollback in the SDK manager.
    Could you tell me how I should uninstall.
    And could you clarify the Bridge - adb question (what is firing adb.exe?)
    and do you know what is the last version that did work on XP?
    Thanks again.

4. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

@Richard Lord you can just delete the folder that it's installed to...

Erel likes this.
  5. Richard Lord

Thanks Peter,

6. Richard Lord

Ok that worked, deleted newer and set path to android 25 and I am now back in business. Thanks

Peter Simpson likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice