Android Question Adding files to jar files

Bpick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using Margaret's File Select Library with icons, and I need to add a .png to the jar file.

How can I do this? I'm being told by winrar that the file can't be updated.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Margret ´s answer in support-thread

The library looks for the images first in /Files/ftypes, if they are not there, it then looks internal to the library.

So i suppose you can place the new images in files/ftypes" folder to use them while using the lib....

Upvote 0

Bpick

Licensed User
Longtime User
So far, what I had to do was unzip the file into a directory, add the file into the ftypes, and then rezip as a jar file.

It's not recognizing (yet) the extension... I get the oddest errors.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So far, what I had to do was unzip the file into a directory, add the file into the ftypes, and then rezip as a jar file.

It's not recognizing (yet) the extension... I get the oddest errors.

Where did i say that you should unzip the jar??? I told you about a solution that you can place the "new images" in your projects files-folder in a subfolder ftypes and the library will load them from there if they exists. THAT´s what I understand from Margrets post...

Upvote 0

Bpick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don,

This was something I did prior to receiving any response to this post.
When I attempted to add the file to the jar, in the directory ftypes - I am denied access, which prompted the initial post.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can NOT add files to this jar i think. The Librarys Author have build in a function to use images like i stated above.
You need to use THIS possibility OR you write the author and ask him whether if he can put more images to this library per default or give you the soource and you build a new library from that with new images.

I think the best way is to follow Margrets way... Placing new images into subfolder of Files folder and then use the new images.

Upvote 0