Android Question Amazons annual fee

cyiwin

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I know you get to submit your apps on their Amazon Developer Console for one year free, then it's $99 per year. Does anyone know if they still charge this annual fee? I can't find any recent info on this and my one year is coming up.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as i know they did not changed it...
After the free year you have to pay for the account yearly i believe.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In 2015 we will have a new site to publish our (ehm .... your) apps:

10 € / Year

10% or 5% of the collections held by the managers of the site.

If Erel will not create a site like this, I will, at the cost of studying 25 hours/day :D

Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have Amazon App Store account for nearly 3 years and I don't see any charge.

Upvote 0

cyiwin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah... I just wanted to make sure because I was going to cancel before the year was up. I just found on Amazons FAQ

Q: How much does Amazon charge for using its developer program?
The program is free. You pay nothing to create a developer account, use Amazon APIs, and submit apps.

I'll let it run on and see what happens.

Upvote 0

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
For quite a while they kept saying the fee was being waived 'for now', but I recall reading somewhere not too long ago that they have completely gotten rid of the fee. I've been selling on Amazon for a few years now and they never did charge me any fees anyway. I think they were just keeping their options open and finally nixed the idea altogether.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think they were just keeping their options open and finally nixed the idea altogether.
If that's true it's a shame as it put me off signing up, it's too late for my apps now. Until the rewrite and upgrade that is :).

Upvote 0