Games And a puzzle bobble (bubble shooter) game?

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there!
I've been missing for almost a year, and now I'm back and updating all my published games (some of them doing very well and others very bad at the store...). I'm having some free time this weekend, so I'd like to start a new one, just for fun
I can say that starting a new game is something like a therapy for me, because it is the most exciting and demanding, I always take it as a challenge, then the final part of the development of a game (and of every project) is something very mechanical and not very grateful...
Lets see what I've done:

There is still no check of anything, just shooting bubbles (hex map loaded from tiled), and I'm trying to get a "spring" effect (som rebound) when the bubble hits other bubbles. I think this kind of game can be interesting... everybody knows the game, and it works, as it's fun to play.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys.
Well, finally done all the checks of neighbors, so a color match can be done, and if it's bigger than 3 all the bubbles are popped (I guess we all know the rules here...), and the floating bubbles will fall down:

Now I still have to do a lot more testing to find bugs (there might be some cases where the algorithm can fail), add animations for popping balloons, some particles here and there, trail effect for the ball...

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys.
While finishing the Crossy road game and updating the rest of my games, I'm having some fun working on this one. So I've remeade almost everything I had:

Too many things to remember, but I've fixed all the bugs I had (there were many...), the style has changed, there are animations, particles, trail effect, points...
I still have to add a lot of things and I'd start to work on the GUI itself, level selection (I'm thinking in a Candy Crush like style...)
And for the main screen something like this:

tBrEa4ZMRX63SV7fFRtIvw.jpg

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I don't know how many times I've changed graphics during the development of this game... But I like how it looks now
I've added a very basic GUI, with Main Screen and a first approach to a Level selection screen

The to-do list is still very very big to even become a prototype, but it's progressing...

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there!
During the last weeks (monts...) I've been working so hard in this one.
I've added so many things I don't even remember:
Now you can fail a level, and it can be because you run out of bubbles (I've added a counter) or because the bubbles are so low that collide with the bubble to launch.
You have a functional bar at the top of the screen indicating the progress of the stage, so if you do enough points you will get the stars proportionally.
You have a bubble in reserve, and you can swap then just by touching them
Now the bubbles explode in a sequence from the starting point, with a little delay. I think this makes the difference
I've updated the way a level shows up. First the camera travels, and then the background gets blurried so the bubbles can be seen more clearly
There are 4 different backgrounds
The level selection screen is scrollable, and it repeats. In the future I will add more episodes
POWERUPS!! there are 3 powerups available: The bomb (it will destroy all the bubbles around) the color ball (it will explode all the bubbles with the same color) and the rocket (it wont stop and will destroy everything it finds in its trajectory). Each one has it's own idle animation
There are 2 ways of getting the powerups, buying them or getting them along the level.
Everytime a floating bubble falls out of the screen the bomb powerup is filled (there is the animation as the button is been filled with yellow liquid), once its full there is the popUp that indicates you that you can use it.
There is a COMBO counter. Every combo the rocket bubble fills.

The to do list is still enormous, it would include all the bugfixing and adjustments, sounds and music, and different locations (ice levels, beach, egypt...)