Android Question Android application with database located in the laptop.

Ayabonga

Hello I’m creating an application where I want to to save the registered user details and passwords on my laptop locally. Can you please assist on how I can register user on my android application and save details and data on database located in my laptop.

Ayabonga

How will the Android devices connect to your local laptop?
I have a micro-controller connected to the laptop via the serial UART port. The micro controller has a Bluetooth module that I use to communicate with my Android application to send commands to the micro controller so now I want to store data in my laptop from my Android application like username n password.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a micro-controller connected to the laptop via the serial UART port. The micro controller has a Bluetooth module that I use to communicate with my Android application to send commands to the micro controller so now I want to store data in my laptop from my Android application like username n password.

I'm going to guess that you want to use an android device to save to your laptop,

This is probably your best option, maybe.

Or maybe this

I would most probably go for the first link if I were you (the network & asyncstreams & b4xserializator solution). It's easy enough to send data from your phone or tablet, through the local LAN network to your laptop. b4A to send data from your phone, B4J to receive that data on your laptop and to store it into any database type that you require.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Create a web app and host in the laptop. The Android app connect to web address which is the IP of the laptop.

Hmm, that's a good idea @aeric,

Actually I wanted to talk to you about something, I might PM you in a few days time.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm, that's a good idea @aeric,

Actually I wanted to talk to you about something, I might PM you in a few days time.
@Peter Simpson Ok wait for your PM.

Upvote 0