Games App or Game?

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Informatix, as I told @ilan before, the Steam (PC) platform may be a much better option than Google Play.

Pros of PC game development:
- If you're going to roll with B4J, you may use SGE + Box2D
- If not, you can always roll with Unity or even Unreal Engine 4.
- Steam (PC) users are comfortable with the concept of buying games
- There are many Youtube channels dedicated to reviewing (PC) Indie Games
- Gamers have way more respect for PC / Console games, than they have for mobile ones
- For action games, real keyboard/mouse/gamepad controls, no more touchscreen nonsense

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Steam (PC) users are comfortable with the concept of buying games
I prefer not to count the number of games that I bought on Steam and that I never played... :rolleyes:
- For action games, real keyboard/mouse/gamepad controls, no more touchscreen nonsense
Surprisingly, there's no USB library for B4J and the lack of gamepad support in SGE may be a big drawback. My son uses only a gamepad to play on my PC.

It's maybe easier to be noticed on Steam but I really lost the faith and I prefer making tools for other developers. It's not a wrong choice when I see the success of ULV (and I'm very glad to know that has nothing to do with luck).

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately without any kind of promotion, how can we stand out of the crowd? By luck? It's my feeling about success or failure on Google Play. It's just a matter of luck.
That's so true. Without promotion a game won't do anything. I think there are some factors to get downloads:
  • allready have downloads (here comes the promotion)
  • some ASO (keywords...)
  • a good icon (it's more important of what many people can think)
  • A lot of luck
  • and finally the quality of the game
I spent months of work doing the UFO game, wich I think it's a good one (fun to play, physics, graphics...), and you know what? less than 10 daily downloads!

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@melonZgz How to choose and draw a good icon

Last edited: