Android Question App runs and then stops after few seconds on OPPO Android13 colorOS

robotop

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning. It's a very long time that I'm not here on the forum. Now I faced a very strange behaviour on a phone OPPO with Android 13 (colorOS).
I used the "standard" tools that I use since the beginning, when I started developing apps with B4A on a tablet with android 1.6 . Well... stop talking about the past.
The strange behaviour is that one App, just installed via B4A bridge runs and then stops (without a reason) after few seconds.
I tried also using the "debug" mode, but that doesn't work in any way. I also compiled the App using the option to have a log even in release mode, but I just had a message for application start (first time) and then no other messages when application was (by itself) closed.
I enabled, on the phone, the developer options and set also the usb debug, but nothing changed. No log messages, no debug mode (via B4A bridge).
I can't understand why the App (is a very old app) doesn't run as it do on other phones.
I also updated to the last version the colorOS on the smartphone and then the B4A environment, using target 33 as suggested.
Has anyone experienced the same problem ? Any help will be really appreciated, thanks.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
try to connect he device with USB-Cable and use the IDE to install the app without bridge.
Check the unfiltered log if no log appears....

Upvote 0

robotop

Licensed User
Longtime User
@DonManfred and @Erel : Many thanks for your answers. At the moment I don't have the phone here, but I will try using the USB and report here the results.
Addendum: I tried to install the same App on another Android13 device and all worked as expected. Note that also the B4A bridge had a problem downloading the App on such colorOS (never ending). Also while trying to use the App in debug mode I faced a continuously rotating gif and the App wasn't open.

Last edited:
Upvote 0