Android Question App stops when using camera

Vinians2006

Licensed User
Longtime User
My friends, I rarelly use foruns because I like to try to fix the problem but this time I tryed a lot and cannot discover whats causing this issue.
My app uses zxing to read bar codes but its needs that user installs another app that reads the code and pass to my app.
Now I want to read the code by my self and I searched the foruns and found this thread https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...de-scanner-that-is-100-embedded-in-b4a.63764/ downloaded the sample and it worked, but when I am trying to replicate in my code it not work. When I fire the event barcode.startScanner its hangs.
I tryed everything including changes to the app manifest to raise the target api from 14 to 17, like the example does.
Please I need your help! I can send the complete source of my project if you need. Thank you!

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My friends, I rarelly use foruns because I like to try to fix the problem but this time I tryed a lot and cannot discover whats causing this issue.
My app uses zxing to read bar codes but its needs that user installs another app that reads the code and pass to my app.
Now I want to read the code by my self and I searched the foruns and found this thread https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...de-scanner-that-is-100-embedded-in-b4a.63764/ downloaded the sample and it worked, but when I am trying to replicate in my code it not work. When I fire the event barcode.startScanner its hangs.
I tryed everything including changes to the app manifest to raise the target api from 14 to 17, like the example does.
Please I need your help! I can send the complete source of my project if you need. Thank you!

From post #1 of that thread:
Please take note of the xml files in the /Objects/res/layout and Objects/res/values folders of the B4A project should you start a new project from scratch.

Upvote 0

Vinians2006

Licensed User
Longtime User
From post #1 of that thread:
Please take note of the xml files in the /Objects/res/layout and Objects/res/values folders of the B4A project should you start a new project from scratch.
Thank you my friend, now it is working. But, why Basic4A doesnt generate that xml automatically? Because if you work with Basic4A rater than AndroidStudio, is because we want to use friendly code, but again, thank you for your time!

Upvote 0