Android Question AppCompat : ACSwitch flashing when pressed ?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Please do you have already used the ACSwitch and could you please confirm that the flashing is a normal behavior while pressing the switch ?

The problem is that it does show the whole dimension of the control : I mean the flashing is the whole view (even the borders).

Many thanks

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm I'm might be getting this wrong but I don't see a flashing as such. The whole view changed colour instantly then animates, the colour changing might look like a flash to some people but not to me, it's just a colour change. So depending on ones point of view, I would say that it's not flashing but just changing colour quickly only N5 and S4 devices.

Not unless you are actually seeing the view flash off and then back on again, but I'm not seeing that either...

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Peter Simpson : on Moto G XT1032 and Nexus 6 I do see a ugly flash with all the borders of the view changing their colors. That's not the same behavior as the other apps I tried. Reason why I had asked.

Upvote 0

LucianDesign

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I have the same issue. Maybe I'm just being picky, but can we just remove the flash effect just by editing some xml?

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you all mean with "flashing" the ripple effect? Or are you running pre Lollipop Android versions?

I haven't tried it but a possible solution may be to set the color of the ACSwitch to Colors.Transparent.

Upvote 0