project and Run the AVD Manager to start an emulator it does not come
up or run. I like the product and have gone to market with it but I
need help here. Otherwise I have to go back to 1.9 and get this next
app out.

roarnold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update.

Found AVD in the Start Menu that when clicked wanted to be deleted. Searched for Android.bat, it popped up and am currently installing all the packages I need present for Android-8 through Android 12.

Question: Why is it that when I run the AVD I get the whole menu and then have to go to tools in it to build an Emulator? What happened to the old way? Tell me Google did not mess crap up for the sake of it?

Like I said, I love the package, it has gotten me to market way faster than Eclipse and Embarcadero. So hats off to you gents. But I am in a bind trying to get out to beta an app for a foundation. The app is in itself not a huge issue but I have it ready in 2.51 and need to test it.

I know you mentioned utilizing a phone as it would be faster but the problem is that I can not account for all the phone and tablets. I have a couple of each so I could go that route in a pinch but I should be able to use the emulator like I have for the past year plus.

Are you telling me that B4A has nothing to do with the emulator?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you telling me that B4A has nothing to do with the emulator?
The IDE just calls the "AVD Manager" program from Android SDK.

Google has changed the SDK behavior. It seems to me that you are running an old version of Android SDK.

You can also manually start AVD manager by double clicking on this program.

Upvote 0

roarnold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Not telling you anything but what I see.

Yes, Google has changed things.

I know I can activate the AVD via batch file.

It would have been nice to know these things early on but my bad, should have stayed with 1.9.

Regards,
R

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would have been nice to know these things early on but my bad, should have stayed with 1.9.

It only takes a few clicks to get the AVD up and running yourself. Is it that big of a deal? I mean to roll back to 1.9 and lose out on so many huge important features in B4A?

Upvote 0