B4A 2.5 BETA 4 related error

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was testing B4A BETA 4, I compiled one of my classes as a library, no problem, I used the new "lib" under 2.5, no problem, however, when I attempt to use that lib under 2.3 I get this error when compiling:
B4X:
Compiling code.                         0.01
Compiling layouts code.                 0.00
Generating R file.                      0.08
Compiling generated Java code.          Error
B4A line: 27
ActionBar.Initialize(Activity, Me, \
javac 1.7.0_09
src\njdude\compact\actionbar\main.java:243: error: cannot access ImplB4AClass
mostCurrent._actionbar._initialize(mostCurrent.activityBA,mostCurrent._activity,main.getObject(),"Manager",(anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.drawable.CanvasWrapper.BitmapWrapper) anywheresoftware.b4a.AbsObjectWrapper.ConvertToWrapper(new anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.drawable.CanvasWrapper.BitmapWrapper(), (android.graphics.Bitmap)(anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.Null)),anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.Colors.ARGB((int)(255),(int)(20),(int)(20),(int)(20)),anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.Colors.ARGB((int)(255),(int)(160),(int)(160),(int)(160)),anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.True,anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.True,anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.False);
                      ^
  class file for anywheresoftware.b4a.B4AClass$ImplB4AClass not found
1 error

Both versions of B4A are installed on separate directories.

Kimmowich

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey

Was playing with the Designer and it seems there is a problem when I try the following on a label in a panel.

Label1.left = 10dip < it dosnt work

only works when I use

Label1.SetLeftAndRight(10dip, 100%x-10dip)

sincerly

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The properties are Left, Top, Width and Height.
When you set the Left property the Right border is defined by Right = Left + Width !
SetLeftAndRight means that you set the Left and Right boarder and the Width changes.

Best regards.

Upvote 0

Kimmowich

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey

Sorry for the delay to post Bal-file..

Would be nice to see what im doing wrong :BangHead:

sincerely

Attachments

• playeradd.bal
    1.9 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Horizontal scrollbar not always working

Ok, so I am adding licensing, and as such I needed to paste that huge long Google API key.

My B4A is full screen.

When I pasted the string, the IDE's bottom horizontal scrollbar didn't appear, so I couldn't scroll to the right of this long string.

Hitting the restore button, and then the maximize button forced the scrollbar to redraw, and now it is ok.

Minor issue atm, but it could get quite tiresome.

Upvote 0

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am having difficulties creating a non-debug signing key. Is it me (this is my first app), or is it the Beta that is the problem?

I apologise in advance if it's something I am doing wrong.

Upvote 0

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not an error from B4A as such...

I am trying to test Licensing. I have signed up for licensing, and have gotten my API key.

I have entered the license key in the app (Process_Globals)
I go into Google Play Settings and have set the License Test Response to "NOT_LICENSED"
I have saved the Google Play info changes
I have set the Gmail account I have registered on the phone as "testing access" AND also removed this account with the same result.

If I try to do anything with Licensing, I always get "NOT_MARKET_MANAGED". Fair enough I suppose, I haven't uploaded the APK.

So I'll upload the APK...

When I go to the application folder and select the APK file, and attempt to upload the _DEBUG version, the page replies with...
Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that was signed in debug mode. You need to sign your APK in release mode.

Fair enough, it IS a debug APK.

So, go back into B4A and change the DEBUG/RELEASE/RELEASE (obfuscated) drop-down to RELEASE.
Compile (Alt-1)
[Close]
F11
[Cancel download on phone]
Attempt to upload APK (Which is now NOT a debug version) to Google Play...
Error:

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that was signed in debug mode. You need to sign your APK in release mode.

What am I doing wrong?

B4X:
    Dim Model As String = PhoneInfo.Model.ToLowerCase

Activity.LoadLayout("Test")
    ' *****************************************************************************
    ' Licensing
    If Model = "sdk" Then
        lc_Allow
    Else
        CheckLicense
    End If
    ' *****************************************************************************
End Sub

Private Sub CheckLicense
    Dim Checker As LicenseChecker

Checker.Initialize("lc", GetDeviceId, publicKey, "ARandomStringOfBytes".GetBytes("UTF8"))

'Checker.SetVariableAndValue("test_1", "some secret value")

Checker.CheckAccess
End Sub

Upvote 0