Android Tutorial B4A Book Updated to Version 5.80

B4A-2nd-Ed-Front-Cover-1000-244x300.jpg

I am happy to announce that the B4A tutorial and reference book "Rapid Android App Development using BASIC" by Wyken Seagrave has now been updated to cover version 5.80 of B4A.

Free Upgrade for Ebook

Customers who have bought the ebook B4A from the Penny Press Store can now obtain a FREE upgrade to the latest edition which covers version 5.80 by visiting the upgrade page
http://pennypress.co.uk/b4a/upgrade/

Note that future customers who buy the book from our store (http://pennypress.co.uk/?page_id=11) will be entitled to free future updates of the book. It is available in PDF, EPUB and Mobi formats.

Printed Edition Available

The paperback edition the book is available at https://www.createspace.com/5511638. It is also available from Amazon and all good bookstores worldwide. Quote the ISBN 9781512296259.

Readers Comments About Earlier Editions

"This was a book that I now use as a constant reference and have found it a mine of information."

"Brilliantly written and presented."

"Excellent book. Just what I was looking for."

"I will not now be able to think of developing an app without this book at my side."

Last edited:

Ferbis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Phil for keeping us upadated so soon. Good job. It must be difficult to follow Erel :)

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a serious bug in your site. After sendig the form this happens:

B4X:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php:481) in /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php on line 246

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php:481) in /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php on line 247

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php:481) in /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php on line 248

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php:481) in /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php on line 249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php:481) in /home/content/79/8915579/html/pennypress/b4a/upgrade/index.php on line 250

%PDF-1.4 %µµµµ 1 0 obj <>/OutputIntents[<>] /Metadata 57139 0 R>> endobj 2 0 obj <> endobj 3 0 obj <>/XObject<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>
/MediaBox[ 0 0 540 666] /Contents 4 0 R/StructParents 0>> endobj 4 0 obj <> stream xœuÁjƒ@†ïûÿ±-
dwg³«.„@Ô´¤H`o!±j=Û°—¾}U,TJ™ËÌ|ß?'l6ò˜r¨íižÐp¶RX‘Ž„¶°Î c;=N÷Š³ú‰3ìäîÚº(ÃÙ…P”ïÕ.2íC軫ô_•<M{+BÛßfAê9“ÏRB%ð5g5Á¡´^«á;
ÎÔ˜Eᅳ˯ð¯œíýlǯð´`kN/Ø:V‚4lB"6|‰/v AîÿÝ?z=ë?9³ëX$vE‘žZ‘(5|JÂZE(œ> endobj 6 0 obj <> endobj 7 0 obj <> endobj 8 0 obj <> endobj 9 0 obj <> stream ÿØÿàJFIF``ÿÛC ÿÛC    
  ÿÀ1Ö"ÿÄ    ÿĵ}!1AQa"q2‘¡#B±ÁRÑð$3br‚   
%&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyzƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚáâãäåæçèéêñòóôõö÷øùúÿÄ   
ÿĵw!1AQaq"2B‘¡±Á    #3RðbrÑ
$4á%ñ&'()*56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤
¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚâãäåæçèéêòóôõö÷øùúÿÚ?ãÚߤòöÕù!ùºTMt\Á"®Ã
MÚA«~_ž]+šr…M\Hw/JŠ$Å\‰x\|¤ß¾(òöõ«Ø‘ÑÌ>R ¢—h¡”ê9…Ê:ãö«ÉïzVµùOÔ‰å0揚®ÑúÖœÐረߊ

I think all the PDF content (binary) is printed on the page, but cant be downloaded.

Tested on firefox then on Chrome with same result.

Then wanted to try on IE, but i get this:

Sorry, this TransactionID has already been used to download the upgrade 2 times

:(

What can i do?

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great Book. I bought a few days ago. Really a lot information.
Great work, continue so

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see that the book you bought in November 2013 was Basic4Android. This is no longer available for upgrade.
The upgrade is only offered for customers who purchased B4A.
Nevertheless, the above error should not occur and I will investigate further.

Well, thanks anyway

PhilipBrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you purchase an electronic copy of the B4a book via Amazon, you can automatically receive all updates free by following these instructions provided by Amazon to one of our customers.

Preliminary step to ensure synchronisation of your notes, bookmarks etc between the original and the new book.

If your device is a Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle for Windows 8, and Kindle for BlackBerry 10 then Whispersync for Books (Annotations Backup) is enabled automatically on and can't be turned off.

If you have any other device, make sure Whispersync for Books is turned on for your device or Kindle reading app to sync your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and furthest page read.

Next, enable Automatic Book Updates as follows:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices (www.amazon.com/mycd).
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. Select "On" under Automatic Book Update.