Android Tutorial B4A Book Updated to Version 6.50

B4A-324x400.jpg

I am happy to announce that the B4A tutorial and reference book "Rapid Android App Development using BASIC" by Wyken Seagrave has now been updated to cover version 6.50 of B4A.

New sections in this edition
Bookmarks, nullable colors in custom views, Service_TaskRemoved event, FloatLabeledEditText, Regex.Replace, FontAwesome and Material Icons fonts, auto format feature, PhoneSensors.Accuracy and TimeStamp properties and others.

Revised sections
Docking, tool tips, split code area, new themes, comments, class and module documentation and many others.

Free Upgrade for Ebook
Customers who have bought the ebook in PDF, EPUB and Kindle formats from the Penny Press Store can now obtain a FREE upgrade to the latest edition by visiting the upgrade page http://pennypress.co.uk/b4a/upgrade/

Customers who purchased the electronic edition from Amazon in Kindle can update as described in the instructions downloadable with the purchase.

Printed Edition Available
The paperback edition the book is available at https://www.createspace.com/5511638. It is also available from Amazon and all good bookstores worldwide. Quote the ISBN 9781512296259.

Reviews on Amazon
5 stars Good book. A lot of functionality is included 30 Mar. 2016
By David M. Acre - Published on Amazon.com
Good book. A lot of functionality is included.

5 stars B4A is a Great product! This book is a GREAT Read! 13 April 2016
By Amazon Customer - Published on Amazon.com
Well written. Easy read! Thanks!

5 stars Lo mejor de lo mejor 1 April 2016
By victor medrano pmb #36382 - Published on Amazon.com
Incredible

5 stars Five Stars 7 Mar. 2016
By Kjell Hasthi - Published on Amazon.com
Well written

Available from USA Amazon, UK Amazon and all other Amazon stores.
Also available in Kindle, PDF and EPUB versions from Penny Press store.

Readers Comments About Earlier Editions
"This was a book that I now use as a constant reference and have found it a mine of information."

"Brilliantly written and presented."

"Excellent book. Just what I was looking for."

"I will not now be able to think of developing an app without this book at my side."

PhilipBrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Amazon has the update ?

Yes both the Kindle and the paperback books have been updated.
If you have bought a Kindle copy from Amazon and want it automatically updated, follow these steps:

First turn on automatic updates, as follows:
Preliminary step to ensure synchronisation of your notes, bookmarks etc between the original and the new book.

If your device is a Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle for Windows 8, and Kindle for BlackBerry 10 then Whispersync for Books (Annotations Backup) is enabled automatically on and can't be turned off.

If you have any other device, make sure Whispersync for Books is turned on for your device or Kindle reading app to sync your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and furthest page read.

Next, enable Automatic Book Updates as follows:
1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices (www.amazon.com/mycd).
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. Select "On" under Automatic Book Update.