Bug? B4A bridge connection to B4A IDE

althebig

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Recently I bought the B4A and I can not establish connection between the bridge and ide. They are both in same network, I can ping the phone wifi address from the pc, at the phone, when I press the "Start - Wireless" I have the "Waiting for wireless connection", from the ide, when I type the ip address of the phone and press the "Connect - Wirelles" there is a message "Failed to connect. Make sure that the device B4A - Bridge program is running and listening in Wireless mode."
I am running B4A bridge v2.08 and B4A 3.00
I reinstall both, the bridge and the ide, same thing.
I tried to use B4A bridge v1... , same message.
Using the same phone, same version of the bridge I can successfully connect to my friends computer running B4A v2.22

Any help is appreciated.

mr23

Licensed User
Longtime User
You may have something holding port 6789 open, which is the port used by B4A-Bridge. I published an enhanced "Relay" version of the bridge, which also reports the port number used by the service. If port 6906 is display, then something is tying up 6789. If you don't find an app or hung process, restart the Wifi or reboot the phone.

Link to information about my -Relay version: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...rom-b4a-ide-to-multiple-device-targets.36440/