Bug? B4A-Bridge not connecting after load of new version 10.2

Cliff McKibbin

Licensed User
After loading the new B4A v 10.2, the connection to the B4A-Bridge is not finding the device. It is showing the device in the list, but I expect the list is saved from all of the devices I have ever connected to. Normally, when I have brought up B4A-Bridge on the device, the name under the 'connect' button is exploded out to the full name of the device. That is not happening. When I click on the IP address, it does not connect.

I did check on the Play Store and there is not a new version of the bridge. V2.62 is showing on my device.
I did a compile of a B4A program to prove the new version was installed and it did say V10.2.

I had not attempted to do a B4A compile and load to a device in a week or so, so it is not out of the question that something has broken in my computer connection although I can get to the internet and email via my wifi.

I just wanted to make sure there was not a step I missed in the install. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Cliff McKibbin

Licensed User
I don't see any ping message. Will it be obvious or do I have to look somewhere for it?
It may have to do with network load. I was going to make a comment in the forum when the US schools went 'on-line' last spring. All of a sudden, the connection was hard to maintain. I could make the connection, compile, and the connection would go off before the app loaded onto the device. I wrote it off to the extreme load on the network with students going on-line, kids at home watching movies, etc. As the spring progressed it got better, but now that schools are reopening with even more on-line work, it may be happening again.

Erel, Thanks for all the work you do on this package. It is great. I have been using it for almost two years now and have had no problem that couldn't be found in the forum.