Android Question B4A Bridge won't connect

KarlB

I installed B4A v10.70 on a Windows 10 64-bit desktop. Seems OK. I then installed B4A Bridge version 2.62 from Google Play on a Samsung S21 Android 11. App says my IP is 192.168.0.105. This also appears in the IDE Tools - Bridge - Connect. The lower left of the IDE says "B4A-Bridge: trying to connect..." for about 3 seconds then says "B4A-Bridge Connected" for less than a second, then the cycle repeats. The app always shows "Waiting for connections".

The pc is wired to the router. The Samsung is on wireless to the same router and same subnet.

I tried this with a Moto E6 running Android 9 - with exactly the same result.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210513-164347.jpg
    Screenshot_20210513-164347.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 194

chikega

Licensed User
I've been experiencing the same thing. Only one instance of B4A is running. It used to connect flawlessly, but within the last few days, it never connects. I tried it on several of my devices, laptops and desktops ... all with the same result "B4A Bridge Trying to connect..." :(

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The pc is wired to the router. The Samsung is on wireless to the same router and same subnet.

Have you tired double checking your firewall setting on your computer

I've been experiencing the same thing.
The same response to you as above, but I would reboot your computer and devices.

It's very very very rare that this happens to me, the last time was about 18 months ago. I just reboot my development machine and mobile devices, that fixes my B4X-Bridge connection issue.

If need be you can connect your devices via a USB cable (USB debugging).

Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
Happened to me last year. Couldn't (be bothered to) fix it ;)
I switched to USB cable (and enabled USB debugging) and forgot about WiFi.
A while later, realised I'd forgotten to connect the cable and it was working over WiFi again.
Prehaps try using USB for a while and see it it self-rectifies.

Upvote 0

KarlB

It is working now but I don't know what fixed it. I used USB for a while and was quite happy with that. Perhaps rebooting the PC and cellphone was the solution.

Upvote 0

chikega

Licensed User
Hey Peter,
That did the trick (rebooting my devices). Thank you! 👍 ... and your little gnat crawling on the screen got me! Good one! 🤣

Hey Mike,
I had no idea that using the USB cable alone (without B4A Bridge) was an option! I'm rather new at B4X and Android development. I did a little research/scoured the forum and realized I could have downloaded the Google USB driver this entire time since I was using the USB cable AND connecting via WiFi. 😆

Upvote 0

BIZNET

I installed B4A v10.70 on a Windows 10 64-bit desktop. Seems OK. I then installed B4A Bridge version 2.62 from Google Play on a Samsung S21 Android 11. App says my IP is 192.168.0.105. This also appears in the IDE Tools - Bridge - Connect. The lower left of the IDE says "B4A-Bridge: trying to connect..." for about 3 seconds then says "B4A-Bridge Connected" for less than a second, then the cycle repeats. The app always shows "Waiting for connections".

Hi Not sure if this will help but I had exactly the same problem and all it appears to be is that you need to open a project first then it works fine :0)

Upvote 0