Share My Creation [B4A] Firebase Notifications Alternative - Source Codes

Hello everyone :)

*Starting off by thanking the one, the only, the hero, @Erel for making this possible for every single one of us ♥

As requested by dear @ilan :

We have created a notifications service, which means you can now host your own notifications services without the need to use any third party (Firebase)

* Dear @ilan requested the library to be in B4A+B4i+B4J so we will release the B4i + B4J as separate projects in the near future which will be different from this project.

The project works as follows :
1- B4J Admin :
1.1 You can create campaigns :
-Text only
-Text & Images
1.2 You can also create topics: The topics are what each user is registered to.
1.3 Users Information
1.4 Reports : where you can view a certain campaign status and delivery within a period of time.

2- Heavily modified JRDC2 to send/receive events, campaigns, register users, reports, etc..
3- MS SQL Database to store all the above information
4- B4A Library that connects to the JRDC2 in the background to send/receive events.

Features :
1- User's action on the notification is registered, meaning you can view if the user clicked or ignored it or even received it or not and every action date & time is registered as well.
2- We have created 200,000 virtual devices (by creating a loop in the JRDC2) + 5 real phone, then we created a campaign and sent it, within less than 1 second every device (real and virtual) received it.
3- The JRDC2 + B4A Library checks in case the user has no internet or disconnected from the server, once the user connects to the server (in the background) the user will receive the last campaign that we sent to everyone which he/she was disconnected.

Technology :
1- B4A library (.jar + .xml)
2- B4A Library Source code
3- Heavily modified JRDC2
4- B4J Admin
5- MS SQL Database

*We have also included a simple sample project which shows how to use the library

The Project in Action :

Main.PNG

*Be noted that there are some devices that have custom android which may kill the background services if the user clicks on clear open & recent apps.

Project Price : 30$
To Purchase the source code click on the below Link:

As always, Thank you,
Saif

Last edited:

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Nice project, congratulations on the new announcement
I don't see any expected release dates
But is it already available?

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice Project.
I understand that it works, with a service in the background, which is continuously executing a connection to MSSql and checks if it has pending notification, right?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Nice Project.
I understand that it works, with a service in the background, which is continuously executing a connection to MSSql and checks if it has pending notification, right?

200K query in one second ?

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice Project.
Hello dear,

There are two types of connections :

1- the library connects to a heavily modified JRDC2 through websockts.

2- B4J connects to JRDC2 through handlers and websockets.

And in the middle there is an MSSQL database to store all events and transactions.

Thank you,
Saif

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wonder how you could do a notification service for iOS without anything that does not rely on the Apple APN ?

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wonder how you could do a notification service for iOS without anything that does not remy on the Apple APN ?
Hello,

1-The notification permission/certificate has to be created using an apple developer account, so Apple APN is a must.
2-After that we will use almost the same methods as the B4A library (websockets & JRDC2).

That's why we would be releasing it as a separate project because it needs a lot of work.

Thank you,
Saif

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
??

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
??

Ask a question correctly, what does "??" mean?

As for the links provided, we used the same approach but different codes, different methods, created a database, created a backend, created a library, heavily modified the jRDC2.

*Read the description of the project.

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
tried the notification management, truly spectacular, a beautiful notification management with many functions, really very interesting and very useful. Thanks Saif another great project

FrankDev

Licensed User
Longtime User
this also works with the Amazon fire TV Stick / Cube.
or other amazon devices. ?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that I will receive criticism but I would like to make a general suggestion (also, I have never learned to be diplomatic and mind my own business 😄).

I realize that you (Saif) are used to using MS Sql (excellent DBMS, of course) but I think most of B4X members would prefer to use MySql (/ Maria DB).

You (we) could open a poll thread; indeed, soon I will.

P.S. Somewhat redundant texts but I opened it.

Last edited: