Other B4A Minigame competition 2014 Xmas edition

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The year is reaching its end which means a lot of minigame compos will reach their deadline aswell.

What about a minigame compo for B4A with a Christmas based theme for the game(s)?

A month left to create a minigame which should be enough.

Rules could be...

- Christmas/Winter themed
- Made in B4A (source need to be provided as proof)
- Made by yourself (not taking a flappy bird or match3 game example from this forum and just replace some gfx)
- Game may not be released before by you on Google Play (as in no quick game recycling by using new gfx to fit the theme)
- Filesize limit not set yet (5Mb?)
- Deadline reached, the poll is online.
- Voting from Dec 28 - Jan 1st via forum poll?
- Attenders/Winners might know the result on Jan 1 2015

Erel knowing, he might throw in some B4i+B4A,B4i license(s) or something for the winner or top3.

Erel is so kind to donate 3 B4i + hosted Mac builder licenses for the top 3.

So it's always worth attending for that, the fun , the challenge or to explore the other side of app building (games).

See it as promoting your skills and the possibilities of B4A.

Current entry list:

game title - author (used libs, classes, modules)

Don`t tip the tree! - Mike H. (core, gesturedetector, animation, animationplus)

PicPuzzleXmas
- The Desolate Soul (core, javaobject, msstaggeredgridview, mediabrowser, filehelper, msanimator, reflection, msmaterialmenu, stdactionbarhelper, threading, phone, callsubextended, mscardview)

15 Tiles Xmas Edition
- UDG (Reflection, StringUtils, dgPickers, Classes: DraggableView, CustomListView, Module: StateManager)

Xmas Mahjong - cbc551 (core,audio,acceleratedsurface,scrollview2d,gesturedetector,animationplus)

Santa Chaos - Ilan (Admob, Animation, Core, Reflection)

Santa Got Stuck up the chimney - Dibb3386 - (Core, Gesture Detector)

Elf attack - RandomCoder (core,phone,reflection,audio)

CLAUStrophobia - Sorex (core)

Last edited:

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@RandomCoder thanks for the thorough review. I couldnt reproduce the bug you or sorex mentioned so well, not fixed. In any case I plan to upload the grid library used in the game (as well as the source), maybe more people will be able to test it and I can find what is wrong. Currently waiting on a wifi adapter so im not connected to the interwebs.

Looks like we got a tie on the top, although it does seem people are changing their votes as its all going up and down.
Good luck to everyone.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, tds. It ended a few minutes ago.

it seems we have a winner triplet!

I hoped more people would've voted to give a more realistic result, it's like maybe 25-30 people voted out of the 66.000+ forum members.

Thanks to everyone that attended.

I hope someone else can arrange a competition like this later this year.

Oh and congrats to the winners!

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, that one is nice (but hard to play).

Maybe a lot of people saw it as a game that was about ready and just got retiled but some others did that aswell.

Maybe we should make it less open and force people to do a specific game with given objects etc
which limits game/code recycling possibilities a lot.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
congratulations to the winners, it was a good idea from sorex to make this compo.
next time it could be a b4i compo... ;)

congratulations-046.gif

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations to the winner triplet and hurray to all the others!
Did Erel promise a reward for the 3 best scores or just the 3 most voted apps? :D

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations to the winner triplet and hurray to all the others!
Did Erel promise a reward for the 3 best scores or just the 3 most voted apps? :D

do you have all needed hardware for b4i? only the license is missing to start dev..?

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ilan,

I never progammed before for any Apple product, so to reply to your generous implied offer .. no the license it's not the only missing element.
Btw, I think it's at all possible to convert your prize to an extend license period.. just ask Erel about it.

Congrats, again.

Upvote 0