Other B4A v3.82 is released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A v3.82 is now available for download. All customers who received v3.80 can download this update. It is available from the same link as the previous download (you will also receive an email with this link).

New features and improvements:
  • Support for Android L (preview version).
  • Support for the files structure of latest Android SDK.
  • Sender keyword - correctly manages events from multiple threads.
  • Optimized dexer supports Java 7 classes. This is required in order to compile apps with the latest Google Play Services version.
  • Rapid debugger - several bug fixes and improvements to error reports.

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel, great as always !!!

• Optimized dexer supports Java 7 classes. This is required in order to compile apps with the latest Google Play Services version.
Can you please explain with more details the Java7 sentence ?

And, what if I install B4A 3.82 and want continue to develop apps compatible with Android 2.x using Java JDK 1.6 and android.jar from sdk android-2.2_r03 as I'm doing now with B4A 3.50 ?

Upvote 0

johny1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo ...
I upgraded to 3.82 and I have the following error message ...
If someone can help me ....
Thank you ...

B4X:
Parsing code.                          0.11
Compiling code.                        0.53
Compiling layouts code.                0.12
Generating R file.                      0.66
Compiling generated Java code.          2.57
Convert byte code - optimized dex.      5.69
Packaging files.                        1.17
Copying libraries resources            1.22
    Found 9 resource files.
Signing package file (debug key).      2.72
ZipAlign file.                          Error
Cannot find:
Please configure paths (Tools - Configure Paths).
The following objects added permissions (duplicates are ignored):
File.DirRootExternal / File.DirDefaultExternal:
    android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
DEBUGGER:
    android.permission.INTERNET
    android.permission.BLUETOOTH
    android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
    android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN

Upvote 0

johny1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel...
It was update the Android SDK Manager, but some Rev. Build tools
was not.
I update them manually and everything is OK now...

Upvote 0

mjtaryan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Had a small problem installing this on Windows 8.1 64 bit. When I tried to execute the installer, I got an error "Windows Smartscreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." Clicked on "more info" then "Run anyway" to install B4A, everything seems to install fine now. The 3.80 update did not give me this problem.

i didn't have that problem, but had another when I tried to start it on Win 8. I downloaded 3.82 using the link in the release email. When I had installed and then tried to start it to change the paths, it couldn't find the "license.txt" file and asked me to locate it. I looked through the install folder and all the subfolders, but I couldn't find it. What to do?

Upvote 0

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
i didn't have that problem, but had another when I tried to start it on Win 8. I downloaded 3.82 using the link in the release email. When I had installed and then tried to start it to change the paths, it couldn't find the "license.txt" file and asked me to locate it. I looked through the install folder and all the subfolders, but I couldn't find it. What to do?

Mike,

Look for

b4a-license.txt

in:

appdata\roaming\Anywhere Software\Basic4Android under Users

Take a backup of it.... and make a note where you back it up.

Sandy

Upvote 0

mjtaryan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks to you both! It's been so long that I didn't renember where I put it (I've owned B4a since v2.20). I got a new machine --the previous one died -- and I have to pull the drive to search there, but have to wait until the external enclosure arrives. As I recalled I copied the attached license to the main install directory. I wasn't sure I still had the email, but I found it. I'm writing this on my tablet and will have to wait to sign in on the new machine to copy the license to where I normally keep the "working" copy. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

mjtaryan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. I downloaded the file from my email archives and everything is fine now.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel. Never got this version. I need to make any additional payments ?. Thank you.

Contact Support at [email protected] to get informations on how to renew your subscription for 2 months (basic) or 2 years (enterprise)... Renew a Subscription is probably half price of buying a new one...

Upvote 0