Other B4A v5.80 has been released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v5.80.

This update includes important new features, including better support for custom views:

SS-2016-01-14_16.16.18.png

Improvements:

• Custom views: [B4X] Custom Views with Enhanced Designer Support
    With this feature it is much easier to add and configure custom views.
  • #ExcludeClasses: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-three-birds-with-one-stone.63127/
    This attribute makes it simple to exclude classes not required from libraries such as google play services.
  • CreateResource manifest editor keyword: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-three-birds-with-one-stone.63127/#post-398974
    Allows creating XML resource files from the manifest editor.
    For example with this code we can use the native light theme based on the Android version:
    B4X:
    SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@style/LightTheme")
    CreateResource(values-v20, theme.xml,
    <resources>
      <style
      name="LightTheme" parent="@android:style/Theme.Material.Light">
      </style>
    </resources>
    )
    CreateResource(values-v14, theme.xml,
    <resources>
      <style
      name="LightTheme" parent="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light">
      </style>
    </resources>
    )

• Debugger improvements and fixes. Mostly related to larger projects.
  • Coarse location permission added to BluetoothAdmin. Required for discovery in Android 6.
  • The default setting of the holo theme in the manifest editor was removed.
    It is recommended to use a custom theme or the device default theme.
    The compiler will issue a warning about explicit usage of the holo.theme.
  • The WYSIWYG designer defaults to material theme on Android 5+.
  • The READ_LOGS permission was removed from LogCat object. It is not useful since Android 4.1.
  • The compiler will issue a warning if the targetSdkVersion is missing or if the value is not between 14 to 22.
  • ViewsEx library - Includes two views implemented as custom views (Switch and RatingBar). The source code of this library is available in the custom views tutorial.
  • View.Parent - Returns the view's parent.
  • OkHttp and OkHttpUtils2 libraries are included.
  • Other minor IDE improvements and bug fixes.
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with upgrade instructions.

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am still using ver 5.2, with means still use old license. Should I updated to new lisence?

Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am still using ver 5.2, with means still use old license. Should I updated to new lisence?
If you are still eligible for free updates and have received an email , then your current license will work with v5.8
If not , then it is your decision whether to update your subscription . ( You will recieve a new licence.)

Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are still eligible for free updates and have received an email , then your current license will work with v5.8
If not , then it is your decision whether to update your subscription . ( You will recieve a new licence.)
I have received my email, but my current ver is 5.2. I have intention to skip ver 5.5 & goes directly to ver 5.8. Will try with old license & if not working, will try license from ver 5.5.

Upvote 0

sasetcolombia

Licensed User
Longtime User
This version generates these errors.what's the problem?

B4A version: 5.80
Parsing code. (0.06s)
Compiling code. (0.41s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.03s)
Generating R file. (1.24s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (2.15s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
javac 1.7.0_67
src\com\movillegal\main\conexionhttp.java:130: error: method shouldDelegate in class Debug cannot be applied to given types;
if (Debug.shouldDelegate(processBA, "ajustarclave"))
^
required: String
found: BA,String

reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

THIS SAME ERROR IN OTHER METHODS....

if (Debug.shouldDelegate(processBA, "cchar"))
^

if (Debug.shouldDelegate(processBA, "clientehttp_responseerror"))
^

Thanks for your reply!

Upvote 0

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanks :)

Upvote 0

Brizky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey, how do I find out if my license is expired? Tried running v5.8 and it didn't like my license. Thought I had till August before it was 2 years. So just wondering where you go to find out your subscription status. Thanks.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you got the mail with the download link then you are still having the right for free updates.

Check the older update mails one of them contains a new license file that is to be used with the 5.x versions if I recall right. (is it 1 byte larger than the old license file)

Upvote 0

Brizky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, okay. Any idea which version comes with it? I'll have to check my email for it. But I usual trash the older emails after I download. And I know 5.8 didn't come with a new license. Looking now. Thanks for the response.

Upvote 0